Sr. Manager, Content
- 150 E 42nd St, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Carat Content helps brands reach and deepen their connections with consumers, in a world where the points of connection, engagement and transaction are converging around content. With a specialty in combining the art of storytelling with media science and research, we design meaningful and relevant branded content solutions that deepen consumer identification and brand loyalty. Sitting within Dentsu, in partnership with the Carat Media Strategy, Planning, Investment and Insights teams, Carat Content maximizes and leverages brand spending and media-led content with publishers, through the lens of a content strategy.
Carat Content is looking for a Sr. Manager, Content working on the General Motors Brand content strategy, development, implementation and measurement. This Supervisor will partner with the Director on all content related elements of the Brand including designing and executing a brand content strategy, cultivating new content opportunities and managing and creating never-been-done entertainment relationships for GM. It is an integral role in providing creative innovation, as well as strategic and organizational insight to GM’s continued expansion across all branded entertainment and content initiatives.
This role is for a content-focused advertising and marketing professional who possess a strong background in designing content solutions, identifying, negotiating and activating branded entertainment integrations, program management, total communication planning, production, execution and program analytics. This position requires an assertive, highly motivated team player displaying the ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This candidate will embody strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to manage a diverse project load, will be a creative problem-solver with strong oral and written communication skills and a creative/strategic thinker with the ability to generate and build on ideas.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Support and contribute to the overall vision and management of brand content & brand entertainment initiatives on behalf of our clients
- Upstream development of content opportunities for consideration based on objectives and strategies set forth by client/Carat
- Respond to the business, marketing, brand, communications objectives with content-based solutions rooted in strategy and aligned with data and insights
- Support development of paid, owned and earned media ecosystems that flow from the strategy defined and ensure the insights identified are actionable and executed flawlessly
- Stay atop of current content and technology trends and how those may impact the client business
- Foster and maintain client relationships
- Maintain close working relationship with Brand teams to understand business goals, objectives, product and messaging
- Provide client team exceptional and differentiating value
- Cultivate & establish key relationships within the entertainment industry – from production companies, to networks, to agencies, to show runners, to transportation coordinators
- Actively pursue innovative opportunities in the entertainment arena for client; cultivate existing relationships
- Procure vehicles/assets; cost/value recommendations
- Develop meaningful activations
- Facilitation of media integration agreements
- Create, scout, develop and negotiate first-to-market media integration ideas that align strategically with brand direction / launch plans and amplify annual upfront buy programs
- Establish and maintain positive relationship management with all clients, TV networks, movie/production studios, talent partnerships, vendors, etc. to build meaningful and rewarding programs that includes content expressed in the following ways -- original content, branded entertainment, integrations, social, UGC, PR, and virtual/experiential
- Assist in designing and executing activation plans (agency & client reviews) and extensions
- Assist in the creative and production review / approval process – internal & client
- Development and execution of timelines, manage production schedules, adhere to deadlines, set up/organize internal/client meetings, ongoing team communication and meeting materials for program
- Serve as cross-agency content liaison
- Manage, develop and execute program metrics/recaps/summaries as dictated by agency/client guidelines and systems
- Overall budget management – manage financial aspects of projects: plan and supervise budgets, open purchase orders, collect invoices, close jobs, etc.
- Must travel to oversee program success and support activation where necessary; ensure program needs are met
- Ensure team process consistency and Carat/client quality assuranc
- 4+ years prior experience in digital, broadcast, experiential, advertising and PR production services or related field
- Experience designing and producing brand partnerships
- Must employ the highest levels of professionalism and articulation
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate information in both verbal and written formats (Design concepts, build activation decks, event research and recaps, client presentation of new ideas, etc.)
- Shows entrepreneurial spirit, leads and encourages new break-through ideas and is team-oriented
- Experience in working across several different organizations at a given time
- Experience forming strong working relationships with all clients, agency and partners/alliances personnel
- Ability to address difficult issues, work under pressure, follow-through and solve problems quickly in the face of challenges
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative/quick thinker
- Financial acumen
- Must be flexible to travel whenever necessary
- Software/Program Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, all Social media platforms
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.