Paid Search - SEM Manager (B2B)
- 5800 Bristol Pkwy, Culver City, CA 90230, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants!
Merkle B2B is looking for an SEM Manager who enjoys working in an environment where performance is paramount. The ideal SEM Manager candidate will be comfortable playing a hybrid role within the search team. A portion of your time will be spent on campaign creation and management, and the remainder will be spent managing search team members.
You will also assist the Search Director in improving and developing internal processes and structure within the search team. Aside from an operational role, you will provide strategic insight on several client accounts and campaigns.
- Oversee a portfolio of client relationships, which requires calls, meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Manage the planning, budgeting, and strategic development of SEM campaigns and account structure to increase paid media traffic
- Delegate campaign management tasks to our in-house and remote SEM team
- Manage and develop the SEM team, sharing knowledge, coordinating training sessions, and refining skills sets
- Stay up-to-date with new search trends and industry news and share throughout team
- Report to the Search Director and work with them to fine tune processes, monitor campaign performance, and provide recommendations to improve performance and scale accounts
- 3-5 years of search engine marketing (SEM) experience
- Certifications: Google Ads Search, Marin, Kenshoo, SA360 preferred
- Verbal and written client-facing experience
- Familiar with enterprise management platforms for SEM and display, such as Marin Tools
- Analytical, technical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, or similar field
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.