Finance Project Manager
- 1160 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We are looking for a Finance Project Manager who is eager to work on a complex account with a multitude of moving pieces. This position is ideal for an individual with 3-5 years of finance project management experience within an agency environment. This person will work closely with the Global Program Director and SVP, Finance and Operations.
This person should have an incredibly positive attitude and be able to work well with a variety of internal agency and client contacts alike. Having a solid understanding of the media agency business and a strong working knowledge of finance and accounting will be critical.
As the Finance Project Manager, you will manage internal schedules, timelines, and deliverables. You will also serve as a primary point of contact for the client’s finance team.
- Collaborate with client on updating/cancelling POs as needed
- Maintain budget summaries and rigorous billing/PO processes, including quarterly PO reconciliations
- Work with client’s finance team to support the audit of media buys in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the MSA
- Ensure key finance deliverables in SOWs are met
- Work with media team to provide budget pacing reports
- Manage, review and analyze all client facing deliverables across the US, EMEA, and APAC, developing, maintaining, and driving project timelines
- Learn and manage client-specific processes to ensure compliance
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and client, identifying opportunities to improve project efficiency and communication
- Manage credit collection and client query resolution
- Work with media team to review Salesforce bookings to ensure accuracy and correct phasing
- Manage client invoicing, issuing invoices in a timely and accurate manner and working closely with the media team to complete invoice requests
- Complete monthly accrual and pacing reports
- Assist with the creation of staffing plans and prepare monthly global staffing updates
- Prepare weekly timesheet reports
- Create reporting templates and ensure data required by client is included in all reports
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- At least 3 to 5 years of finance/accounting and project management experience, preferably within a media/full service agency or client-side marketing department setting
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge of project budgets, staff resourcing, and billing
- Demonstrable technical accounting ability, especially a strong conceptual understanding
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Effectively works autonomously, as well as with a team
- Advanced capabilities in all Microsoft Office applications, including strong knowledge of Excel and the ability to manipulate data via Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Experience with Smartsheets and/or other project management software solutions
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.