Assistant Media Planner
- 1160 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We’re looking for an Assistant Media Planner (AMP) who is interested in media and advertising. As an AMP, you will work closely with Media Planners and Senior Media Planners to develop and maintain media plans, all the while absorbing as much media knowledge as possible. This is an entry-level position with great opportunities for growth.
- Coordinate weekly updates on all accounts to be shared via email with the company
- Work closely with media team to review action item deliverables on a daily basis
- Maintain account files and documentation on server
- Maintain client media buy details
- Prepare and maintain online creative traffic masters – gather ad specs to be shared with client/creative agencies
- Prepare media authorizations and maintain updates
- Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports, including running reports from MediaMind/DART to update booking system with current month end activity
- Monitor and reconcile client/vendor billing
- Issue insertion orders (IOs) and change orders (COs)
- Manage due dates of tracking reports
- Work with media team to track online programs – pacing, performance, etc.
- Update client status reports
- Prepare screenshot presentations
- Traffic lead gen assets as needed
- Collect leads from media partners, and organize, scrub, and prepare summaries as needed
- Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
- Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
- Assist in sending vendor RFPs and collect/organize completed RFPs
- Format, proof, and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to us
- Schedule vendor meetings
- LEARN AND HAVE FUN!
- BA or BS degree
- 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with DCM/Campaign Manager 360 a plus
- Passion for the advertising industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with solid mathematical understanding
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Creative and willing to contribute to brainstorming/strategy sessions
- Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
- Related internship/job experience is a huge plus!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.