Client Director - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Triton St, London NW1, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, MDWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with multiple additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, and further part of Dentsu. That acquisition significantly expanded the B2B offering of all parties, bringing together scale and breadth to existing best in class capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. That has culminated in the launch of Merkle B2B, a truly integrated and global B2B specialist agency group with Merkle DWA at its heart. MB2B has already delivered significant success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Intel and we are now one of the biggest and most successful B2B specialist agencies in the world, with 1000+ employees globally.
Crucially, we now have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
The Client Director acts as the lead across selected key Merkle DWA (MDWA) clients, operating as a team leader, setting the strategic tone and delivering end-to-end media campaigns together with the team. Operating within the Executive Team this role will be responsible for developing and implementing new media products and services for your clients and working with a variety of other disciplines including performance, data, analytics and creative.
Taking responsibility for the P&L across their account teams and supporting the Managing Partner and FD with office-wide forecasting and fiscal management. They will be setting an example for the entire team through client leadership brilliance, media execution, strategic insights and operational efficiency knowledge. Acting as a thought leader within the industry, positioning MDWA and the wider Merkle B2B (MB2B) group as a world-class data driven marketing and media agency.
Life as a Client Director at Merkle DWA
- You will take a leadership role across multiple client account teams, identifying new growth opportunities within client sets, championing MDWA and the wider MB2B group both internally and externally. Building and maintaining strategic relationships with both key clients and vendors at the C-suite level.
- Educating and developing your selected client’s approach to media, marketing and sales and how MDWA are in best position to contribute to their client’s overall objectives.
- Fostering strong account direction within the wider team, implementing clear account management, process and quality of implementation. Constantly striving for media excellence; whether it’s output in planning expertise or operational excellence.
- Working with selected clients on developing strategic planning. Efficiently translating client business challenges and marketing goals to media specific deliverables.
- Supporting and working together with the Account Managers and Directors to deliver best in class media planning, reporting, analytics and support functions. Weaving the planning processes into the wider media landscape, competitor set and client product specific requirements. Increasing team knowledge and understanding on all media channels, especially in digital.
- Mentor, develop and support Account Directors with managing account health; including resolving client issues and handling challenging client conversations where appropriate.
- With support from the leadership team, responsible for the growth of their client accounts within MDWA.
- Also responsible for leading and delivering wider projects as required, including but not limited to MDWA product development, industry positioning, award entries and representing MDWA at external events.
A few of the benefits:
We are growing at a rapid and exciting pace, now part of the global MB2B group, one of the biggest and most successful B2B specialist agencies in the world, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension
- Private Medical
- + other corporate benefits
- A strategic team leader, exceptional leadership skills & management experience, demonstrated through staff development and implementation of exemplary processes.
- Focused client leader, ability to interact with senior clients, demonstrated ownership of client relationships and delivery.
- A person with a pro-active attitude who isn’t afraid to get stuck in. Excellent knowledge of media planning and the supporting operations and ability to pick up tasks as needed.
- Leadership of department/agency initiatives, and product recommendations.
- Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and growing client business.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of senior levels.
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues.
- Strong commercial acumen. Lead client scoping, staffing and profitability across multiple account teams.
- Excellent track record of driving client growth, and diversification into multiple products and services.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.