Marketing Analytics Manager
- Leopoldstraße 150, 80804 München, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with 14 additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 330+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breath to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, AWS, Slack, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We also love to connect on a global level with our colleagues from around the world. It sounds cliché but we really are one big happy family
We are looking for a highly qualified Media Analytics Professional with experience optimizing multiple digital marketing channels, as well as leading projects to greatness. The Media Analytics Manager is focused on supporting our digital media business (PPC, video, display, paid social, content syndication). The position will be providing analytic direction on strategic accounts, with a focus on client engagement and guiding associates to improve our clients’ digital marketing programs. The Media Analytics Manager will serve as a primary point of contact between many of our clients and stakeholders, managing and enhancing our clients' digital measurement. They will also be part of a growing, multifaceted integrated media team that develop best of breed B2B campaigns for top companies in the tech industry both locally, regionally and globally.
- Govern the process and be hands on in the creation of data visualization dashboards across the agency client portfolio – Datorama, Google Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau – experience in at least 2 BI tools required (focus on Datorama)
- Architect solutions and provide data-informed optimization recommendations back to client service teams that drive results on client campaigns and objectives
- Translate data into human insights and stories that drive change in digital marketing strategy and tactics
- Oversee the coding of data extraction, transformation and models in SQL and Python (R a plus but not required)
- Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value
- Oversee development of custom performance reporting and analyses across multiple channels/clients
- Partner closely with leading partners such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to take advantage of new measurement features and learning opportunities
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
Client Specific Responsibilities:
- Expert in data management consultancy
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and manage reporting dashboards with multiple reporting tools (Datorama, Data Studio, Power BI,…)
- Evaluate and improve existing dashboards, streams and reports
- Collaborate with teams to integrate data from various channels
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Driving force for paid media insights (cross channel)
- Share learnings and assist in development of analytics and ops processes based on regional expertise. Work with global team to contribute and champion of these processes.
- Will partner with regional analytics leads to develop trainings & usage recommendations for non-analytics team members (i.e. training for the social teams on how to read and use the social dashboard with their clients)
Qualifications and skills:
- 4 - 6 years of experience
- Exposure to multiple digital media channels platforms is mandatory (Search, Social, Programmatic,…)
- Exposure to Web Ananlytics platforms desirable (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Exposure to CRM platforms desirable, at least understanding of data
- Understanding of relational databases and audience-based platform
- Experience designing and measuring media and audience-based tests
- Having clear understanding of Media Analytics KPIs, Data analysis and building dashboards
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set using Advanced MS Excel
- Basic Knowledge of Python or SQL (preferable)
- Statistical understanding, experience in R is a plus
- Experience in B2B preferred
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work on own, self-motivated and curious
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
- Bachelor's Degree in statistics, economics or related quantitative field preferred
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture.
Some of our benefits include:
- Varied and exciting work in an international company
- Lean company structure with flat hierarchies and short decision routes
- A modern office located in the heart of Munich I Remote Work
- An open-hearted, friendly team that enjoys its work and is looking forward to growing with you
- An attractive salary package
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Free coffee, fruit and most importantly, sweets!
If you enjoy working on and being responsible for challenging projects and want to work with a successful team, please apply to DWA!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.