Associate Media Director (B2B)
- 800 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
DWA is now part of Merkle. Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We're looking for a dynamic and poised leader who can understand the marketing challenges our clients face and empower the media team to think creatively and strategically. The Associate Media Director partners with teams across disciplines including creative, strategy and analytics and serves as day to day counsel to our clients.
As an AMD, you will be responsible for the professional development of your staff and fostering strong relationships with senior clients. You will manage client issues wherever appropriate and be responsible for maintaining exemplary account health.
You will have a prominent role in the local industry and promote the agency’s credentials externally.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Media Thought Leadership
- Up to date with industry developments and emerging trends
- Champion the strategic planning process.
- Support and mentor the team in campaign recommendations
- Recommend research, competitor analysis and other insights to strategically impact client business and grow accounts
- Translates marketing goals and brand positioning into effective media communication strategies and ideas
- Have a strong understanding of all media channels, including traditional, social, search, and programmatic
- Build and maintain senior client relationships
- Mentor and support Media Supervisors with managing account health, including resolving client issues and handling challenging client conversations when appropriate
- With support from the Media Director, the AMD is responsible for the growth of their client accounts
- Foster strong account direction within the team, implementing clear account management, process and quality of implementation. Demonstrate accountability for the team’s client engagement.
- Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client communication
- Excellent client scorecard
- Responsible for quality, accuracy and consistency of the reporting
- Support and mentor team in reporting excellence
- Demonstrate strong ability to draw insights from data
- Lead QBR’s and strategic performance conversations, making recommendations to improve and grow client business
- Working with the Analytics team, be a part of internal reporting and analytics conversations, making recommendations of new technologies/abilities
- Build and foster an office environment that yields strong individual and team performance and knowledge sharing
- Generate enthusiasm for and commitment to your clients’ business among team members
- Train and mentor staff and manage their growth. Responsible for managing training schedules, including internal and external training opportunities
- Ensures sharing of best practices, experiences and ideas across teams and offices
- Demonstrate real leadership qualities, with the ability to positively support teams with tasks and deliverables
- Support the team in maintaining senior vendor relationships, negotiating preferred rates and providing access to industry information/client movements, etc.
- Alongside the Media Director, be responsible for leading and delivering wider projects as required, including, but not limited to, product development, industry positioning, award entries and representation at external events
- Resolve campaign issues and negotiate make goods where appropriate
- 7-12 years of experience, ideally across B2C and B2B accounts
- Expertise across the spectrum of digital and offline media channels, particularly video (linear and advanced TV) and sports
- Experience leveraging syndicated research (ex. MRI, IPSOS, Kantar, Comscore etc) toward media approach
- Persuasive storyteller and presenter
- Exceptional leadership skills and management experience, demonstrated through staff development and implementation of exemplary processes
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of senior levels
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues
- Capable of serving as an ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Excellent track record of driving client growth and satisfaction
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.