- 701 East Water Street, Charlottesville, VA
- Employees can work remotely
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
The Project Accountant is responsible for fulfilling the project accounting and cost accounting requirements for projects, including day-to-day interface with project management, client and contractor personnel.
- Project Set Up: Create and maintain project structures and complete project setup within financial system in accordance with corporate policies. Review contracts to ensure proper set up of contract type, revenue recognition, billing, etc.
- Billing: Create and maintain billing schedules. Ensure accurate and timely client invoicing in accordance with client requirements/contractual provisions. Review tax application where applicable.
- Forecasting: Maintain monthly revenue forecasts/schedules in coordination with the project manager ensuring forecast timing aligns with anticipated timing of revenue recognition.
- Revenue Recognition: Recognize revenue in accordance with corporate revenue policies. Partner with the revenue team on complex projects.
- Month End Close: Execute on all month-end responsibilities within expected timelines. Ensure all revenue and related expenses are accurately posted to projects prior to the end of the month. Review and maintain balance sheet accounts (WIP, deferred, unbilled, etc.) for respective projects.
- Reconciliations: Reconcile all project activity and other assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Project Closure: Ensure all projects are closed within the system to prevent future transaction posting. Ensure all balance sheet accounts are cleared/closed out (A/R, deferred, unbilled, WIP, etc.). Communicate to the G/L team the need to dispose of any fixed assets.
- Client Team Support: Partner with Project Managers and other business team members, providing excellent customer service and project data. Meet regularly with Project manager and provide recurring, valuable insights into financial performance and document any gaps or changes to project plans.
- Reporting: Distribute standardized reporting to assist business teams with client and project management
- Other Ad hoc Projects and Requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ year’s experience in Accounting
- Excellent change management skills
- Advance Excel Skills
- Strong, effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to resolve complex operational and accounting issues
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.