Account Manager - Media
- 1 Saint Katharine's Way, London, England, United Kingdom
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, Merkle | DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with ten additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, employing >250 employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of dentsu. The move expanded the B2B offering at Merkle. dentsu announced the creation of Merkle B2B in September 2020, a group of world class B2B agencies under the dentsu umbrella offering end-to-end B2B experiences to global brands. As the media strategy and execution arm of Merkle B2B, Merkle | DWA is an integral part of this new company.
Merkle | DWA’s integration with dentsu’s B2B agencies offers employees the opportunity to collaborate with data, analytics, creative, and research professionals across the organization and for some of the world’s most renowned B2B brands, including Intel, Cisco, and Intuit.
Account Managers (AM) are a senior day-to-day focal point of the account. The AM is expected to have a complete understanding of their clients’ media, overall business and marketing objectives, and to challenge their clients to think in new ways at a business level.
The AM leads some client relationships autonomously and is responsible for managing up to their Account Director (AD) for senior client discussion/planning. The position is usually supported by the Account Executive (AE) where appropriate, and reports to at least an AD level.
The AM is expected to have a very strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research. They are also expected to be able to train others on syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter-department).
Life as an Account Manager at DWA
- A leadership role; demonstrating account ownership and identifying growth opportunities
- Build strong partnerships with key clients and their teams. Demonstrate the ability to begin directing client wants and needs, in addition to handling inbound briefs
- Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client or internal communication
- Be responsible for diarizing regular meetings with clients to ensure strong relationships, including reports, QBRs and innovation sessions
- Stay up to date with emerging trends within client business verticals/technologies
Finance & Profitability
- Responsible for first drafts of SOW documents for client campaigns and projects, with the oversight of the AD and CD
- Understand the principles of profitability, scoping and staffing
- Oversight of client hours, and timesheet completion within the team
- Responsibility and oversight for all account bookings and billings
- Responsibility for checking media plans & proposals, for oversight of rates and fees applied
- Oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations
- Support and mentor the AEs and Assistant AE’s, assisting with RFPs, vendor relationships and implementation where appropriate
- Ability to align team members & clients, with media strategies and metrics in new areas
- Knowledge of Lead Generation, Demand and Brand campaigns
- Understands the concepts of reach & frequency management, ROI and strategic customer planning. Deploys best practice into campaigns
- Understands the broad workings of specialist medias, including biddable media
- Oversee and manage all client reporting with the analytics team, develop insights from data analysis, able to make optimization recommendations
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of all client reports. Be responsible for presenting those reports, with the assistance and support of the AD when appropriate
- Lead the creation of wrap-up reports and insights
- Deep understanding of biddable reporting & optimizations
- Deep understanding of tagging & tracking strategies, supporting the AE to deploy accurate KPI measurement, data pools, and customer journey recommendations
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- Circa 2 years’ experience, circa 1 year in digital
- Very strong account management skills, and ability to lead client conversations
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Ability to properly delegate tasks to staff to ensure appropriate utilization
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools)
- Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients
- Ability to maintain client and publisher relationships
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.