- 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Do you have a passion for digital media insights and working with brands that are not just global leaders, but category creators? We have a need for a Director of Analytics that can jump in, create strong relationships with clients and lead a high-performing team. If that sounds like an interesting opportunity, we should chat.
About us - DWA is a global media and marketing agency for technology companies. With its feet in media and its head in data and analytics, DWA has a fascination with the art and science of engaging people. That’s why you’ll find us at the intersection where media, technology and strategic marketing meet. Operating from nine offices around the globe covering North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific, DWA offers a range of programs such as programmatic media, marketing automation, account-based marketing and content marketing consulting - all for over 150 of the world’s best technology companies.
This role is specifically overseeing one of DWA’s most strategically important clients, based in the bay area.
Our Director will be responsible for fostering both a strong team environment as well as productive and well connected client relationship. The Director will drive an innovative tone with the client leaders and our agency their team members, generating enthusiasm and commitment to client business performance. This is paramount to the success of the role – passion for digital media coupled with a desire to be a leader for the agency team.
As a leader of the agency relationship, the Director will be responsible for contributing to the overall success of the client engagement through the effective utilization of their experience in analytics and digital media. They will need to be proficient leading a team that is seated in different offices, using highly efficient cross-team communications, leading by example and understanding the teams day to day needs. Deep experience in managing media analytics work and deep understanding of digital media platforms and marketing KPIs is required in this role. We are looking for a leader to come in, adapt and bring their experience to bear positive results.
- Analytics and Data Management
- Mentor the teams to deliver exemplary analytics practices across a range of reporting and client deliverables
- Serve as an advisor and mentor to the analytics group and lead the team in flawless and accountable execution
- Recommend KPIs and establish measurement process for media plans in conjunction with channel teams
- Deep understanding of media landscape, site analytics, attribution and CRM systems for holistic advising (ex. Adrobe Omniture, Google 360, Bizible, VisualIQ, Salesforce, Eloqua, Datorama)
- Translate large scale data into human insights and stories which drive change in digital marketing strategy and tactics in conjunction with team members
- Account Management
- Work closely with Channel and Account Directors to effectively build relationships on this strategically important account
- Support analytics staff with client on-boarding, reporting challenges, and uncovering insights – Need to bring out the ‘why’ for all client reporting calls and meetings
- Understand the client landscape and see areas for improvement
- Be responsible for the analytics team account structure, ensuring that staffing supports current client requirements and future growth
- Dynamic presenter with client gravitas
- Reporting and Tag Management
- Drive data integrations and the desire for learning agendas
- Oversee the development of reporting consistent with brand marketing objectives and client business concerns
- Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value (ex. naming conventions, data mapping etc)
- Oversee development of custom performance reporting and analyses across multiple channels/clients through Excel, Convertr, Datorama and/or Tableau
- Working knowledge of 1st and 3rd party data use in DMPs and DSPs for end to end reporting, segementation strategy and audience activation (ex. DBM, DCM, Adobe Data Cloud, Blue Kai)
- Manage process with ad ops team while leveraging a working knowledge of tag management and trafficking best practices (ex. GTM or DTM)
- Internal Processes and Relationships
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and handle all personnel requirements for immediate staff, including training and development
- Attract, retain, develop and motivate analytics staff to develop strength within the organization as needed
- Amend, retract and design processes to deliver best practice reporting and analytics
- Own and foster growth in the relationships with analytics agency partners
- Assist senior management with operational changes and management, including staff, revenue and business growth
- Attend annual conferences, participate in speaker panels, and contribute to industry blogs
- 7+ years’ experience, with at least 5 years focused on digital advertising and media insight development (needs experience in working with tools and platforms, as well as generating insights that will be visible at all client levels)
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing disperate teams and clients alike (team members will be in multiple offices, across multiple time zones)
- Exceptional leadership skills and management experience, demonstrated through staff development and implementation of exemplary processes
- Experience in working with databases and dashboard development
- Excellent understanding of the media business and platforms used facilitate digital strategy
- Strong track record in B2B technology accounts and understanding of relevant client challenges
- Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and growing client business
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of senior levels
- Serve as agency ambassador and demonstrate grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Masters Degree in Business or Computer Science a plus
- Important: Excellent communication and team leadership experience needs to be highlighted and leveraged
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.