Media Consultant (Media Planner) Account Manager
- Leopoldstraße 150, 80804 München, Germany
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
The Media Consultant is a key team member across selected DWA B2B clients, operating as the day-to-day key person in delivering client work. Managing cross-channel media channels autonomously you will be responsible for implementing, planning and buying across your designated clients. This will include but not limited to: strategic planning, pre and post campaign reporting and financial administration.
This role will enable you to build upon your knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research.The Media Consultant will be an enthusiastic, detail oriented, and very organized problem solver with a can-do attitude.
Life as a Media Consultant
- Building strong partnerships with key clients and their teams. You will be a key point of contact for our clients including handling inbound briefs, arranging regular meetings and present on behalf of DWA.
- Oversee and manage day to day responsibilities on campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations. Demonstrating client account ownership and identifying growth opportunities.
- Work with analytics team to monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimize campaign performance
- Lead vendor relationships, directing negotiations and building bridges with senior vendors
- Acting as the lead in the creation of wrap-up reports and insights.
- Staying up to date with emerging trends you will position yourself as a planning and buying expert building partnerships both internally and externally with key clients and vendors.
- Deploying best practice into campaigns whilst understanding the concepts of reach & frequency management, ROI and strategic customer planning.
- Offering support and mentorship to junior members of the team at exec level.
- Responsibility of some finance and profitability tasks including SOW documents, checking media plans & proposals, overseeing fees and assisting with RFPs.
- Direct experience within a client facing role within Media.
- Very strong account management skills with the ability to lead client conversations and presentations.
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients.
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- First experience with ad trafficking & campaign management
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Experience with digital marketing channels
- Excellent command of German and English (written and spoken)
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture.
Some of our benefits include:
- Varied and exciting work in an international company
- Lean company structure with flat hierarchies and short decision routes
- A modern office excellently located in the heart of Munich I Remote Work
- An open-hearted, friendly team that enjoys its work and is looking forward to growing with you
- An attractive salary package
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Free coffee, fruit and most importantly, sweets!
If you enjoy working on and being responsible for challenging projects and want to work with a successful team, please apply to DWA!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.