Analytics Consultant - Adobe Analytics
- 1 Triton Square, Kings Cross, London NW1 3XB, UK, London, England, United Kingdom
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the CRM Line of Business.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We work with a broad range of clients from any sector you could imagine. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon.
As part of Merkle EMEA we hold five different Adobe Solutions Specialisations and are looking to hire a solutions consultant to lead in delivering Adobe Analytics implementation and/or insights work. The successful candidate will instantly be an important and significant part of our Adobe Analytics team.
This means that a typical day will tend to have a good balance of coding, writing, talking, teaching, data and learning new stuff.
The development of our technical capabilities and thought leadership within the Adobe Analytics space will be a critical part of the role. Having said that, there will be the opportunity to work with/learn about the Google Analytics 360 Suite if desired. After all, we are currently the largest Sales Partner for the 360 Suite in the UK!
Life as an Analytics Consultant at Merkle
This is a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs! Day to day activities will cover the full spectrum of technical web analytics work and will include a strong measure of client/project management:
- Working with clients to define their measurement strategies
- Translating those strategies into tracking and reporting configurations
- Working with the client’s developers to deploy robust data layers
- Implementing tagging solutions to meet the tracking requirements
- Developing scripts and plugins to solve ad-hoc tracking issues
- Improving internal techniques, processes and quality assurance
- Day to day account management and written and face to face contact with clients
- Coaching and helping more junior members of the team
In addition, the role will also require you to:
- Provide actionable insights to clients via your own analysis of their data
- Present ideas and outcomes of projects to clients and internally
- Drive data maturity for some of the world’s biggest brands
- Work with different APIs, raw data, reporting and visualisation platforms
- Become an internal advocate of Adobe Analytics and help upskill both our existing Analytics Solutions and Media Insights teams
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Primarily this role will involve using Adobe Analytics therefore circa 12-18 months of hands-on experience in the platform is highly desirable, with a specific focus on tracking and reporting configuration. Ideally, this would include implementing and maintaining Adobe Analytics solutions and exposure to influencing and presenting to a variety of stakeholders.
To support this knowledge, a background in the following would be expected:
- Fundamentals of tracking and tagging for marketing and measurement
- Variety of tag management system experience (or very strong knowledge of one/two)
- HTML & CSS
A strong understanding of the wider Adobe Experience Cloud suite of products would be a nice to have, with any experience of integrating any of the other solutions with Adobe Analytics coming in handy.
Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple client stakeholders of varying seniority and technical knowledge are crucial as this role requires the successful candidate to be able to lead client engagements with minimal supervision.
Essentially, we’re looking for a highly motivated, highly skilled self-starter, who is desperate to play a significant role in the development of our Adobe Analytics proposition. If you think you fit this description, then do feel free to blow your own trumpet and show us why you should be part of our great team.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.