Marketing Technology Solution Consultant (Adobe Experience Cloud)
- Avinguda Diagonal, 177, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest media companies.
This role can be based in Barcelona/Madrid/Rotterdam or elsewhere in the UK
We’re looking for an Adobe Experience Cloud expert to join our team as we expand our Adobe Practice in EMEA to meet the growing needs of our clients and partners to provide value-focused implementations, consultancy and managed services projects. This is a business consulting and leadership role requiring a good level of technical platform knowledge and marketing activation expertise.
Merkle deliver full-stack Adobe solutions for brands that are looking to accelerate business growth through hyper-personalisation and connected customer experiences. To deliver this we provide customer strategy, technology implementation, data solutions, business change management, user experience design and development, marketing activation and advanced analytics services to help clients achieve rapid time-to-value from Adobe technology. Our team always needs to be on the bleeding edge of change and as such a lot of the focus of this role would be on emerging technologies like AEP and Journey Orchestration.
Our Marketing Technology Solution Consultants deliver work in three main areas:
- Pre-sales Support - Working closely with our growth and client service teams to help accelerate the sales process and onboard happy clients.
- Consultancy Support – Working with our clients in an advisory capacity to help them accelerate value from marketing technology.
- Capability Enablement – Working with our internal teams to help accelerate their adoption of new technology, features and techniques.
This is a complex and challenging role with many aspects that you will need to balance on day to day basis including:
- Leading multiple complex projects for different clients at the same time
- Supporting the definition of our propositions and delivery methodologies around Adobe – specifically AEP and Journey Orchestration
- Supporting or leading our teams delivering large programmes of work beyond marketing technologies e.g. into areas such as data platforms, analytics, experience platforms, creative/production services etc.
- Support new business qualification so that we are focusing on the right types of opportunities
- Providing pre-sales support for growth and client services teams including proposal writing, pitch delivery and statements of work.
- Working with your peers in other Dentsu EMEA Markets (Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Nordics) and other regions (APAC and AMER) to define best-practice methodologies for the best use of marketing technology.
- The role will require a reasonable amount of travel to clients across EMEA.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for someone from a consultancy / agency background with significant experience of leading CRM and data-driven customer marketing programmes, costing solutions, writing proposals and statements or works.
You will need to be:
- A convincing subject matter expert on all things related to Adobe Experience Cloud with circa 5 years experience
- Resilient, decisive and hard working
- Outcome focused and a strong negotiator
- An excellent communicator and business leader
- Capable of mapping out complex solutions in easy to understand formats for business leaders and non-technical marketeers to grasp
We need you to evidence the following skills:
- Evidence of leading multi-platform Adobe solutions as a product owner, technical lead, campaign lead, technical client service lead or solution consultant
- Adobe Experience Cloud tool certification (either Adobe Campaign, Adobe Experience Platform, Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics are desirable)
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.