Senior Technical Consultant
- Avinguda Diagonal, 177, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Technical Consultant to join our renowned Platform Managed Service team to help support a growing client list. As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will support our clients providing Continuous Development for their Marketing Platforms.
As a Senior Technical Consultant, you will be:
- Supporting clients manage their marketing platforms, resolving issues and supporting users
- Responsible for technical project delivery
- Accountable for the triaging and acceptance of briefs
- Leading projects / being part of a project delivery team, ensuring quality of continuous development programs
- Ensure on-time delivery as per client expectations, with detailed tracking to provide transparency around status
- Expectation management flagging to stakeholder any issues that could negatively impact delivery
- Point of escalation for the team, managing issues and participating in retrospectives and feedback sessions
- Responsible for team governance and control; with the highest levels of quality assurance and maintenance of supporting documentation
- Build up your best practice consultancy
What we are looking for in you:
- Strong technical background worked with marketing tools like Adobe Campaign, Salesforce, or similar
- Knowledge of JSON advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of how data is used in campaigns
- Experience managing and owning technical delivery projects
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft).
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.