Media Operations Manager
- St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with thirteen additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing >250 employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
We are currently looking for an individual to join our media team for a 6-month fixed term contract as Media Operations Manager.
The individual will have previously worked in an agency, with commercial, finance and operational experience.
Life as an Media Operations Manager at DWA, a Merkle company
- The role will focus on ensuring unbilled media and accrued revenue across all clients is invoiced.
- Ensuring that the media team are aware of their client contractual obligations and billing occurs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identifying areas of financial risk and reporting to the media team and Financial Controller.
- Working with the media team to ensure internal and client processes are complied with.
- Adept at identifying process improvements and efficiencies and able to implement and drive through change.
- A good communicator and can liaise with clients, sister agencies and internally to achieve desired outcomes.
- Monitoring the completion of timesheets within the company and ensuring full compliance.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 3+ years commercial and financial experience within an agency
- Operations experience and a track record of identifying process improvements
- Experience working with booking systems such as Media Ocean, Prisma, Salesforce CPQ
- Expert at working with data in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, IF statements etc)
- Ability to implement improvements and train personnel
- Exposure to multiple IT systems
- A good communicator (internally, with clients and sister agencies)
- Able to build trusting, collaborative relationships with internal teams while delivering results
- A self-starter and problem solver
- Strong attention to detail and the tenacity to ensure projects are always completed
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.