Senior Social Account Manager
- Leopoldstraße 150, 80804 München, Germany
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We’re looking for a Senior Social Account Manager, responsible for leading a group of social experts. As a Senior Social Account Manager, you are an expert in paid social and can bring innovative social solutions to our clients. Your responsibilities include building and growing strong senior-level client relationships, providing strategic direction to the team, maintaining the financial health of your accounts, scoping projects and developing staff. Together with the Director of Digital Performance Advertising, you will move the Paid Social specialism forward and in line with our agency vision, both internally across the wider network and externally with clients & industry peers.
Life as a Senior Social Account Manager at DWA
- Lead quarterly business review meetings as well as other senior-level client meetings, reports and presentations
- Manage, train, and develop the team of account managers & executives
- Monitor account profitability and ensure accurate billing and forecasting to ensure the financial health of the accounts
- Participate in establishing business plan objectives with the department supervisor and determine process & best practice guidelines
- Actively generate case studies to showcase DWA’s work
- Interview applicants for available positions and recommend selection, promotion, discipline and related personnel actions
- Own the relationship with our senior client stakeholders aiming for high client satisfaction and retention. Truly understand our clients brand and the B2B industry
- Own the collaborative relationship with other agencies and platform partners
- Work with the department supervisor to recognise new service and growth opportunities
- Accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking
- Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client & platform partners
What we are looking for in you
- Proven experience in implementing and managing (B2B) paid social campaigns across multiple platforms . LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram experience is required.
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment.
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data, also with the help of analytic tools, and give qualified recommendations.
- Ability to nurture and retain client relationships & understand how Paid Social can feed into wider business goals
- Experience working with financial data and budgets in multiple currencies
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other agency capabilities to meet common goals – ideally previous exposure to planning collaboratively with search and/or programmatic teams.
- Experience of collaborating with senior level client stakeholders
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 5 years’ experience in best case with strong experience managing B2B paid social campaigns.
What We Offer:
- Varied and exciting work in an international company
- Lean company structure with flat hierarchies and short decision routes
- A modern office excellently located in the heart of Munich
- An open-hearted, friendly team that enjoys its work and is looking forward to growing with you
- An attractive salary package
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Free coffee, fruit and most importantly, sweets!
If you enjoy working on and being responsible for challenging projects and want to work with a successful team, please apply to DWA!