Finance Project Manager
- 800 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Finance Project Manager who is eager to work on a small number of complex accounts, with a multitude of moving pieces. This position is ideal for an individual with 3-5 years of finance project management experience within an agency environment. This person will work closely with the Commercial Finance Director and the Global Client Partner(s).
This person should have an incredibly positive attitude and be able to work well with a variety of internal agency and client contacts alike. Having a solid understanding of the media agency business and a strong working knowledge of finance and accounting will be critical.
As the Finance Project Manager, you will manage internal schedules, timelines, and deliverables. You will also serve as a primary point of contact for the client’s finance team.
- Collaborate with client on updating/cancelling POs as needed
- Maintain budget summaries and rigorous billing/PO processes, including quarterly PO reconciliations
- Work with client’s finance team to support the audit of media buys in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the MSA
- Ensure key finance deliverables in SOWs are met
- Work with media teams to provide budget pacing reports
- Manage, review and analyze all client facing deliverables across the US, EMEA, and APAC, developing, maintaining, and driving project timelines
- Learn and manage client-specific processes to ensure compliance
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and client, identifying opportunities to improve project efficiency and communication
- Manage credit collection and client query resolution
- Work with media team to review Salesforce bookings to ensure accuracy and correct phasing
- Manage client invoicing, issuing invoices in a timely and accurate manner and working closely with the media team to complete invoice requests
- Complete monthly accrual and pacing reports
- Assist with the creation of staffing plans and prepare monthly global staffing updates
- Prepare weekly timesheet reports
- Create reporting templates and ensure data required by client is included in all reports
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
- At least 3 to 5 years of finance/accounting and project management experience, preferably within a media/full service agency or client-side marketing department setting
- Knowledge of project budgets, staff resourcing, and billing
- Demonstrable technical accounting ability, especially a strong conceptual understanding
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Effectively works autonomously, as well as with a team
- Advanced capabilities in all Microsoft Office applications, including strong knowledge of Excel and the ability to manipulate data via Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
- Experience with Smartsheets and/or other project management software solutions
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.