Finance Specialist Accounts Receivable
- A Coruña, Spain
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the most agile data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist supports the Account Receivable and Collections Manager with planning, supporting and managing the Order to Cash process.
The selected candidate will be a motivated, fast learner, with the ability to work proactively multitask under tight deadlines and grow professionally with the company.
We are seeking talented candidates with a desire to work in a vibrant workplace and who are passionate about what we do. The ideal candidate is a very hands-on and detail-oriented person, but also someone who has the ability to see the big picture.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable to ensure orders meet billing targets, which requires accurate interpretation of complex legal agreements and ensuring PO’s meet the standards from contract through invoicing.
- Responsible for the on-time submission of customer invoices in the customer website or online portals.
- Ensure timely collection of payments and negotiate with clients in non-payment cases.
- Partner with Sales to resolve billing and collections issues.
- Collaborate and prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports, as well as facilitate data for reporting and audit purposes.
- Ensure that the appropriate international accounting revenue standards are applied and understand revenue recognition differences between US GAAP and IFRS.
- Complete other assignments to support the business as required.
- BA/BS degree in Finance and Accounting or Information Technologies with an emphasis in Accounting.
- 3+ years of similar experience in an enterprise software company with both product and service revenues.
- US GAAP and/or IFRS knowledge related to Revenue Recognition is desired.
- Good command of financial systems controls.
- Experience with NetSuite & Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and good attention to detail.
- Accustomed to working in a global organization, including across various time zones.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.