Senior Account Manager – New Business Sales
- The Hague, Netherlands
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration.
Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Disruptive technology, innovative applications and proven value make this a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual with drive, passion and experience opening and selling into new enterprise accounts. The role has been created due to growth and the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and execution of direct and indirect sales in an assigned territory within the Netherlands.
We are seeking talented candidates for this position with a proven track record of exceeding goals in enterprise software sales in at least the last five years. Candidates should show good knowledge of the data integration and middleware software market in the region and superior communication and closing skills to sell licenses, and software services around different business uses and verticals. This is a new business role.
The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced sales and marketing leadership and be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast paced, rapidly growing start-up environment to grow professionally and go beyond expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to direct sales based on agreed criteria.
- Penetrate and develop major strategic accounts and new prospects in chosen business segments. Perform sales presentations to those prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals
- Manage direct sales in assigned territory.
- Develop indirect sales network and partnerships
- Create a network of finders, resellers and distributors to expand Denodo in assigned territory
- Coordinate assigned territorial and account sales with corporate sales functions and report sales activity
- Contribute to marketing strategies and plans to identify opportunities in territory
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of results-driven enterprise software sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Dutch
- Familiar with opening new accounts
- Proven over-performance
- Large enterprise (FT250) focused account management background
- Tenure of 2 years or more in most of their previous roles
- Sales experience in the enterprise software market, dealing with middleware and with data and application integration solutions around ETLs, Data Warehouses, Data Bases, MDM, ESBs, BPM tools, and/or SOA suites
- Good understanding of enterprise IT architectures and corporate data strategies and solutions. Fluent with data types and formats, data access and delivery modes, data and metadata management, web and cloud-based integration technologies, big data solutions, IT infrastructure deployment models, and enterprise-class architectural topics like performance, scalability, security and governance
- Capable of managing all aspects of the sales cycle from cold-calling prospects to negotiating enterprise-wide contracts
- Ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals
- Good organizational, prospecting and follow-up skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, computer science or engineering with an MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience