Senior Salesforce Product Manager
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Denodo is looking for a full-time, seasoned Salesforce lead, preferably with experience with Salesforce CPQ (formerly Steelbrick) applications to guide the company’s Salesforce instance and vision. This strategic role will carry the responsibility of overseeing and administering the Lead to Cash process throughout the global Denodo organization. The Salesforce Product Manager will manage a team of administrators, all major integrations to the Salesforce platform, and coordinate cross-functionally to ensure business needs are met and, ideally, exceeded.
- Engage with various business unit leaders and assemble their visions, requests for enhancements, and bug defects, and translate those requests to Salesforce technical requirements and implementation plans
- Evaluate and prioritize business requirements, set sprint schedules and new functionality releases
- Identify key opportunities for organizational improvement, as well as development of technical or process enhancements in order to increase operational efficiencies
- Lead scrums, backlog grooming sessions and strategic project review meetings
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions and able to articulate the benefits and risks to business stakeholders
- Create presentations and roadmaps on product strategy in order to communicate effectively to senior management
- Consider also: Ability to create high level architecture diagrams that you can relate to both technical and business minded individuals
- Manage, coach, and mentor a growing global team of Salesforce Administrators
- Support Salesforce tools and third-party integrations (NetSuite, Linkpoint, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Marketo, CongaCLM, DocuSign, etc…).
- Oversee and assist in data cleanup and migration efforts.
- Keep up to date on new Salesforce releases including features and functionality changes
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6+ years full-time Salesforce design and administrator experience (preferably in software sector)
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and achieve strategic goals and to evolve product strategy based on stakeholder needs and industry trends
- Experience working with non-technical users and understanding their diverse needs and requirements
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices in the “Lead to Cash” space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enjoys working in fast-paced agile team environment
- Very strong Excel competency
- Consulting mindset
- Salesforce Consultant or Developer Certification a plus but not required – please provide Salesforce certification number(s) with application
- Experience with Conga CLM and/or SalesForce CPQ a plus but not required
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.