Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager
- A Coruña, Spain
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry.
We are the longest standing pure-play technology vendor in Data Virtualization, and are viewed as one of the founding fathers of this type of technology.
As a Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of data and reporting platforms and solutions to business key stakeholders enabling them to make data-informed decisions. You will drive the data strategy and manage the day-to-day operations of the BI team.
The selected candidate will be self-motivated, innovative and passionate about data. She/he will work across multiple geographies with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, and collaborative, environment and play a significant role in the growth of the company.
This position would be highly suited to a senior BI consultant or developer, who is looking for the next step in her/his career and wants to take on more responsibility and lead a team of BI analysts and developers, and Data engineers.
Location: A Coruña, Spain
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Business Operations team and senior leaders to deliver an effective reporting, analytics and information delivery framework.
- Identify and define data assets that relate to critical business functions.
- Collaborate with IT team and data owners to ensure data accessibility and delivery.
- Analyze end-user reporting requirements and develop reports and dashboards as per business requirements.
- Lead the design and development of data models; identify interconnections to drive efficiency and global alignment.
- Control the quality of the data that is reported.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Lead and mentor the BI team.
- Coach business users on best use of BI infrastructure.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 years of experience managing global BI projects and teams and delivering projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Proven expertise in data modelling and data quality management.
- Good understanding of BI development life cycle
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau or similar.
- Solid understanding of BI trends.
- Understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems from both operational and analytical points of view is considered a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to influence business stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment with globally distributed team members.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.