IT Technician & IT Help Desk Agent
- A Coruña, Spain
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
You will be part of Denodo’s Services Engineering team, which provides design, deployment & support for systems, services and requirements in all Denodo locations. The team is also responsible for managing heterogeneous environment, Cloud Infrastructure, Internal IT Infrastructure, web and on-premise applications, etc.
The selected candidate will have specific experience with Linux & Windows Operating Systems and a strong technical orientation, troubleshooting skills & creative in problem solving. Having cloud experience (on AWS, AZURE or Google) will be a Plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide IT Help Desk to corporate end users for resolving inquires or issues.
- Responsible for proactive troubleshooting for the Windows, Linux & Virtualization platforms.
- Perform monitoring and maintenance of overall environment working with experienced team members.
- Perform change controls. Update process documentation and team portals.
- Communicate with peers and managers regarding system issues & participate in 24x7 on-call.
- Manage equipment tracking, internal software and hardware utilization.
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks and gather data.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Manage the ITAM and ITSM tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree relating to information systems or computer science or demonstrated related knowledge and experience.
- Good English level, additional languages will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Experience with Windows, Linux operating system
- Experience in TCP/IP networking, DNS, AD, LDAP, SMTP, IMAP , Linux account management, NFS, iSCSI.
- Scripting knowledge in one of the following languages (Powershell, Shell, Perl, Python) will be a plus.
- Knowledge of systems security & administration will be a plus.
- Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks.
- Creativity finding the root cause of issues and providing solutions.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends when needed for on-call periods.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.