Senior Solution Consultant
- Paris, France
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization and mentioned, “Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors and adapters to new sources; improve scale and performance to support complex and real-time analytics, and integrate with leading in-memory computing and cloud platforms.”
Denodo is looking for a technical, passionate person to join our Consulting team in Paris. We are looking for a seasoned professional who will guide our clients’ journey around data virtualization adoption.
In this role you will act as a Data Virtualization subject matter expert combining technical and client management expertise in short-term engagements with Denodo’s new customers. Your mission: enable customers to realize the full potential of their Denodo deployment by setting the foundation for their data virtualization program, architecting the solution and supporting operations and development teams as they mature their deployments to an enterprise level.
Duties & Responsibilites
Architecture and Solution advisory
- Engage with customers in architectural discussions that will define the role of data virtualization in their organization and its integration with other parts of the data ecosystem
- Provide functional and technical architecture guideline to bridge the clients’ business needs with their infrastructure and operational constraints.
- Help customers define the duties, responsibilities and teams to manage and operate the Denodo deployment
- Adapt Denodo’s best practices to the needs of the customer to simplify the adoption of the data virtualization technology
- Address the customer questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general functionality of Denodo’s product.
- Promote the value proposition of data virtualization to other teams within the customer organization
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales and Services regarding the customer business cases, requirements and issues
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the customer and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues
- Advise the clients on additional resource and staff needs
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources
- Identify extension opportunities and new usages benefits of Denodo at the clients
Presentation and Content creation
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- Deliver actionable documentation for each customer engagement
Desired Skills & Experience:
- University Degree in information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Masters)
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts
- 8+ years of experience in customer-facing positions
- Deep knowledge of technologies and markets that support data integration and analytics such as Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Science, etc.
- Active listener, inquisitive and passionate about technology
- Fast learners capable to step up in challenging situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Willingness to travel around 40% of the time
- Be a team worker with a positive attitude
- Experience working with Big Data and noSQL architectures
- Good understanding of the Internet of Things and Streaming technologies
- Experience in web technologies, architectures, and services (AWS, Azure, Docker, etc.).
- Knowledge of AI and Machine Learning software and techniques.
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.