Finance Specialist Accounts Receivable
- Chicago, IL, USA
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
As a Specialist in Accounts Receivable, you will support the Finance team in planning, organizing, and managing the entire process of Order to Cash.
The selected candidate will be self-motivated, and a fast learner, with the ability to take initiative and multi-task under tight deadlines. Those who thrive in this role will challenge themselves to improve financial processes and operations to take their career and the company to the next level.
We are seeking talented candidates with a desire to work in a vibrant workplace and passionate about what we do. You are a very hands-on and detail-oriented person, but also with the ability to see the big picture. In this role, you will play a significant role in the growth of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing and reviewing the Order to Cash process of the Company.
- Set objectives for accounts receivable that align with the accounting department’s goals.
- Monitor and process the Company’s billing process.
- Ensure timely collection of payments.
- Conduct credit checks.
- Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports
- Organize records of invoices, bills and deposit.
- Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with the law.
- Support the Accounts Receivable team on a daily basis and train new team members.
- Ensure all team members follow the accounting principles.
- Stay updated on industry and legislative changes.
- Collaborate and facilitate the necessary data for reporting and audit purposes
- Ensure that the appropriate international accounting revenue standards are applied and understand revenue recognition differences between US GAAP and IFRS.
- Collaborate to ensure all intercompany agreements are in place to support intercompany operations.
- Ensure timely and accurate country specific filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance and Accounting or Information Technologies specializing in Accounting.
- 3+ years experience in finance fields.
- Strong knowledge and technical skills in applying US GAAP or IFRS related to Revenue Recognition will be a plus.
- Experience in a similar role in enterprise software companies with both product and service revenue; SaaS/subscription highly desirable.
- Good command of financial systems controls.
- Experience with NetSuite will be a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Used to working across global time zones and locations.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple task in high activity, dynamic environment.
- Availability to travel.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.