Data Engineer - SQL / Big Data / Java
- University Ave, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization and mentioned, “Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors and adapters to new sources; improve scale and performance to support complex and real-time analytics, and integrate with leading in-memory computing and cloud platforms.”
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will travel, consult, develop, train and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Your mission: to help people realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo solutions.
In this role you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise and client management skills to conduct on-site and off-site consulting, product implementation and solutions development in either short or long-term engagements being critical point of contact for getting things done among Denodo, partners and client teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based and beyond client’s requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
- Train and engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting, training and support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Knowledge in Java software development, especially in the database field.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML and Web Services APIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Active listener.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Willingness to travel around 50%.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Experience working with Java frameworks.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies such as JCS.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.