Enterprise Software Consultant
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization and mentioned, “Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors and adapters to new sources; improve scale and performance to support complex and real-time analytics, and integrate with leading in-memory computing and cloud platforms.”
The Enterprise Software Consultant will be responsible for consulting, educating, and empowering our clients using Data Virtualization.
Your consulting projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of 100+ data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, and support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Professional Services team. We want a professional who will travel, evangelize, train, consult, and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team. Your mission is to help our clients, partners and prospects to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo's data virtualization capability in many solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise, architectural solutions knowledge and client management skills to conduct on-site and off-site consulting and provide high-level solutions to the clients. In this position you will work directly with engineers, managers and business users in order to understand business and technical requirements and provide solutions being critical point of contact for getting things done among Denodo, partners and client teams.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb demo and technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our platform
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos and PoCs based and beyond customer requirements
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Engage and train clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting, training and support.
- Enthusiastically present software solutions to customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience
- University Degree
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors would be a plus (EAI / SOA / BPM / API / ETL)
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML, JMS, Web technologies and Cloud Environments.
- Experience in server environments using Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems
- Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks.
- Creativity finding root cause to issues and providing solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to travel.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends when needed for on-call periods
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.