Salesforce CPQ Administrator
- Boise, ID, USA
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Denodo is looking for a full time, seasoned Salesforce Administrator with experience with Salesforce CPQ. This role will carry the responsibility of administering the CRM throughout the Denodo organization. The Salesforce Administrator will also carry responsibility for training teams on the use of the system. You will support our global Salesforce environment as well as all major integrations to the Salesforce platform.
Things you’ll love about this job:
- Opportunity to make a major, high-visibility impact on the efficiency of a global organization.
- Very supportive and highly-skilled team.
- Start with a clean slate. Unlike many organizations who have years of technical debt written into their CRM, you will have a clean environment to work from on day one.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced Salesforce administrator (Internal Support: create/maintain users, fields, objects, validation rules, workflow rules, process builder, approval processes, Salesforce Reports and Dashboards, etc).
- Able to research and analyze business systems and identify areas of growth and improvement.
- Support of Salesforce tools and third-party applications (Linkpoint, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft…).
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ applications, including product rules, price rules, and dynamic options.
- Experience assisting in data cleanup and migration efforts.
- Help improve standardization and adoption of common practices
- Keeping abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements.
- A natural communicator who knows how to translate between business requests and Salesforce technical requirements.
- Eager to pick up new tools and do the necessary research to master them.
- Enjoys working in an agile team where things move quickly and priorities frequently shift.
- Very strong Excel competency.
- Strong Data Analysis Skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6+ years full-time Salesforce admin experience.
- Salesforce Administrator certification (please provide certification number with application).
- Experience working with Marketing and Sales users and understanding of their diverse needs.
- Experience with the administration of Sales Automation Tools.
- Proficient in the English language.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Salesforce Consultant or Developer Certification.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.