Enterprise Software Engineer
- Singapore, Singapore
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization and mentioned, “Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors and adapters to new sources; improve scale and performance to support complex and real-time analytics, and integrate with leading in-memory computing and cloud platforms."
Denodo was also included as Leading Visionary in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools.
The Enterprise Software Engineer will be responsible for consulting, troubleshooting and empowering our clients using Data Virtualization.
Our customer's projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of multiple data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, and support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will consult, support and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills and client management skills to conduct on-site and off-site consulting, product implementation and technical support. In this position you will work directly with engineers: our own staff, our partners, and our customers.
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based and beyond client’s requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting and support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- Experience Range: 2-5 years (Fresh Graduates must be top-ranked and exceptionally qualified).
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master, Diploma).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of modern technologies such as JDBC, XML and Web Services APIs.
- Strong technical knowledge in modern architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Active listener.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Availability to be on-call during non-working hours.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.