- Los Angeles, CA
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization – providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud and unstructured sources, and the agilest data services provisioning and governance – at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo’s customers have gained significant business agility and ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web and cloud integration, single-view applications, and SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
In the 2015 Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Virtualization, Forrester recognized Denodo as a leader in Data Virtualization and mentioned, “Denodo is executing well on its vision to support more enhanced connectors and adapters to new sources; improve scale and performance to support complex and real-time analytics, and integrate with leading in-memory computing and cloud platforms.”
The Sales Executive at Denodo will be responsible for the management and execution of direct and indirect sales in an assigned territory within the region.
We are seeking talented candidates for this position with a proven track record of exceeding goals in enterprise software sales in at least the last three years. Candidates should show good knowledge of the middleware software market in the region and superior communication and closing skills to sell licenses and software services around different business uses and verticals.
The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced sales and marketing leadership and be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally and go beyond expectations.
Location Los Angeles (CA)
Duties & Responsibilities
Contribute to direct sales based on agreed criteria.
- Penetrate and develop major strategic accounts and new prospects in chosen business segments.
- Perform sales presentations to those prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals.
- Manage direct sales in assigned territory.
Develop indirect sales network and partnerships.
- Create a network of finders, resellers, and distributors to expand Denodo in assigned territory.
Coordinate assigned territorial and account sales with corporate sales functions and report sales activity.
- Contribute to marketing strategies and plans to identify opportunities in the territory.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of results-driven software sales experience.
- Sales experience in the enterprise software market, dealing with middleware and with data and application integration solutions around ETLs, Data Warehouses, Data Bases, MDM, ESBs, BPM tools, and/or SOA suites.
- Good understanding of enterprise IT architectures and data integration solutions. Fluent with data types and formats, data access and delivery modes, data and metadata management, web and cloud-based technologies, and big data solutions.
- Capable of managing all aspects of the sales cycle from cold-calling prospects to negotiating enterprise-wide contracts.
- Ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals.
- Good organizational, prospecting and follow-up skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline, computer science or engineering with an MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.