Endorsement Licensing Manager
- Alfred Pl, London W1T, UK
- Department: Marketing
Want to be part of the most dynamic automotive content and commerce company in the UK? Are you looking to join a fast-paced business where you can express yourself in an environment that welcomes change and where growth is the baseline?
Some of the UK’s most-valued auto content and ecommerce brands are now under the roof of a new, combined business, unlocking further growth for the sector as it rapidly embraces digital. Autovia comprises a stable of market-leading digital and print media brands, including:
- Auto Express – the UK’s biggest selling weekly car magazine and leading website
- Driving Electric – the UK’s first brand dedicated to the emerging electric market
- Car Throttle – the UK’s largest social media car community
- Driver Power – the most in-depth survey into the UK car-buying public
These are coupled with BuyaCar, one of the UK’s leading used car buying websites. Partnering with over 1,400 dealer sites nationwide, it offers the largest online choice of used cars to purchase and have delivered direct to the door.
Autovia, gives customers looking to purchase a car intelligent, trusted advice and then a platform to easily buy the car they want. It provides dealers and manufacturers with the most efficient and effective way to market and sell their cars.
Autovia Limited is an independent business within the parent company Dennis Group which is backed by private equity firm Exponent.
At Autovia Limited (Autovia) a key strategy for developing our brands is engaging with partners worldwide through our International Licensing and Syndication department. The department currently manages over 120 contracts which are represented across over 30 territories. An integral part of this strategy and currently a huge success story has been the company’s ability to sell endorsement licences to clients across all of our many platforms
The role of the Endorsement Licensing Manager at Autovia is to generate profitable revenues from selling the benefits of the tremendous value of Autovia brands to consumer facing companies and agencies wishing to endorse their award-winning products. This is achieved by selling and delivering both logo and other brand asset packages to partners wishing to have their products endorsed.
Reporting directly to the Group Licensing Director this role is an important and integral part of the International Licensing and Syndication Department and as such works closely with key stakeholders at Autovia to ensure that the company maximises all opportunities that present themselves by building close long-term client relationships.
Key role responsibilities
- Having key input into and then implementing the agreed Endorsement Licensing strategy across all platforms and all brands at Autovia.
- To manage all aspects of the endorsement licensing programs and, working closely with the design teams and the Licensing Content Manager, deliver the relevant assets to all commercial partners.
- Working to the agreed budget, report on revenues and revenue development over time in order to maintain our market leading position.
- Working closely with key stakeholders in the business to develop new ideas from which Autovia can generate fresh endorsement licensing revenues.
- Excellent understanding of brand and content licensing across different channels, ideally in media or publishing.
- Expertise in account management, sales and negotiation with the ability to make new client contacts and form long lasting business relationships.
- Solid experience of budget management and financial planning across multiple channels.
- Ability to create bespoke packages to match our clients’ commercial needs.
- Excellent communicator at all levels both reporting up to key Autovia stakeholders as well as constructing complex and robust client focussed presentations.
- The ability to think strategically in order to continue to develop the commercial programmes that Autovia offers to key endorsement partners.
- An understanding of the importance of protecting the company’s IP whilst ensuring that Autovia maximises the value of that IP in the most efficient manner possible
- Experience in writing tight contracts and good contract management skills alongside a basic understanding of the legal framework that covers the usage of the Autovia IP
At Autovia we want our people to embrace the journey, be curious, think creatively, push the boundaries and be a positive team player. Our driving force is to wow our customers, listen to what they want and deliver best in class service whatever part of the business you join. All we ask is that you keep it real, be authentic to who you are, respect others and have fun along the way!
We’re proud that our teams are as diverse as our customers. We recruit talented people based only on their skills, experience, and their drive to make Autovia the best it can be. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!