- Alfred Pl, London W1T, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Content & Creative
Autovia is a member of the Dennis Group, one of the UK’s leading and most respected media owners. Our brands include: Auto Express, CarThrottle, Driver Power, DrivingElectric, Carbuyer, evo, BuyaCar, Octane and Vantage.
Auto Express is now looking for a full-time consumer editor.
Auto Express is the UK’s biggest-selling weekly car magazine, a market-leading website and a highly successful YouTube channel. Auto Express prides itself on the quality of its agenda-defining news, in-depth car reviews, product tests and highly engaging features.
The consumer editor role is a cornerstone of this. The successful candidate will be an experienced consumer journalist, able to push, probe and uncover the biggest consumer stories in automotive journalism. They’ll deliver news, features and investigations through an unrivalled contacts book, tenacious use of FOI requests and an ability to spot the angles others can’t.
The consumer editor is also central to our market-leading Driver Power car ownership survey, and is the conduit between our research teams and our readers.
This is a permanent role; office based but with a high level of flexibility.
Reporting in to the executive editor, the consumer editor will be responsible for ensuring our magazine and website is bursting with sparkling stories, covering motoring-related topics of all kinds. This could include developments in legislation, taxation and environmental policies, through to highlighting mechanical issues with cars or dealerships. If it impacts motorists, then you’ll be expected to know about it, and write on the subject with authority.
Key duties include:
- Researching, writing and commissioning relevant consumer news and features across all of Auto Express’ platforms
- Ensuring the smooth running of Auto Express’ used car content across all platforms
- Ensure all opportunities to develop our Driver Power survey are maximised, and ensure editorial derived from the data is produced to a high standard
- To maintain and develop relationships with freelance contributors, and to manage the consumer budget line
- To develop opportunities for PR, and build contacts with mainstream media journalists
- To liaise with design and production teams to ensure smooth working practices
- To be a key member of the proofreading team
- To manage, develop and coach a report
We’re looking for a confident, highly adaptable consumer journalist with a solid understanding of the new and used car market, and the wider automotive industry. You’ll be brimming with ideas, and will be able to commission and delegate tasks clearly and effectively.
You’ll also be an excellent team player, and willing to help out other departments where necessary, and display a calm, can-do attitude that will also permeate through your writing. A background in consumer journalism is essential, and the ability to interpret data is desirable.
Autovia are at the start of our adventure. We want our people to embrace the journey, be curious, think creatively, push the boundaries and be a positive team player. Our driving force is to wow our customers, listen to what they want and deliver best in class service whatever part of the business you join. All we ask is that you keep it real, be authentic to who you are, respect others and have fun along the way!
We’re proud that our teams are as diverse as our customers. We recruit talented people based only on their skills, experience, and their drive to make Autovia the best it can be. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!