- 1236 Doker Dr, Modesto, CA 95351, USA
DeltaTrak, Inc. is an industry leader in cold chain management solutions, environmental monitoring instruments and food safety products. DeltaTrak delivers our strategic partners in the food and food service industries, as well as life sciences, chemical, and aerospace industries the ability to track and trace their assets through the entire life cycle. Our industry reputation for cutting edge innovative solutions are in such high demand that DeltaTrak is expanding our marketing and sales force to meet the needs of our customers.
DeltaTrak has an immediate opening for an experienced Purchasing Agent/Buyer. This individual will be responsible for providing all Purchasing and vendor vetting functions. Participates in new product sourcing and identifies cost reduction activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures materials are purchased/delivered with consideration to workflow for uninterrupted production flow and demands.
- Works with forecasting models
- Coordinates and monitors delivery of locally purchased material to Gold Step and DeltaTrak, INC.
- Coordinates and monitors delivery of Gold Step manufactured finished goods/raw materials
- Responsible for generating material planning (MRP) according to forecasts/sales orders and delivery lead times.
- Works closely with forecasting manager to ensure the min/max inventory levels are maintained.
- Runs open purchase order reports and identifies/corrects any potential issues and or problems.
- Must source for manufacturing, supplies, services, production and packaging materials with established and new vendors.
- Identifies and participates in the qualification of new vendors/suppliers
- Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities
- Negotiate price and terms for materials and service contracts
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered.
- College degree in Business Admin or equivalent. pefered
- Must have at least 5 years experience as a buyer/purchasing agent in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to create BOMS using an ERP system
- Must have at least 3 years using an ERP system
- Great written and communication skills.
- Negotiation skills when dealing with vendors
- Cost Analyst skills
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office and Macola software system.
- Understanding of the role of Supply Chain and how it creates value within the business.
DeltaTrak, Inc. offers a competitive base salary, plus commission and full benefit package (including medical, dental, vision, life and 401K), and personal time off (PTO). Please visit our website at www.deltatrak.com for more information on our products and services.