Field Application Engineer - Telecom Power Solutions
- Centurion, South Africa
Delta Group established our EMEA operation in 1995 with region headquarters in Hoofddorp near Amsterdam to pursue Delta's corporate mission: "To provide innovative, clean and efficient energy solutions for a better tomorrow." For nearly 20 years, Delta EMEA continues to dedicate in R&D to support the most important businesses with advanced energy-saving technology and solutions. With the acquisition of Energy Systems business from Ascom, a Swiss company in 2003, and Eltek ASA, a Norwegian company in April 2015, Delta has inherited the excellent engineering resources and power design knowledge since 1906 and further development into telecom, industrial and medical markets. It is a significant step forward in Delta’s ability to offer complex high-power solutions, a broader product portfolio and strengthened Delta's position in the European market.
For our Telecom Power Solutions (TPS) business we are searching for an enthusiastic pre-sales engineer engaged in building top service knowledge about TPS products, who should be able to share this knowledge to others Delta field service engineers, service partners in South Africa - MEA region and utilize it in technical support of customers, sales, product management and participate on further improvement of product and services.
- Technical and commercial support for the sales managers in the RFQ phase
- Support MEA channel partners on identifying and solving technical problems related to TPS products/solutions
- Analysis and feedback reports on technical support and findings
- Training of partner and customers
- Link to the engineering, sales and quality department
- Preparation of technical documents and commercial offers
- Project planning and price evaluation
- Collect and provide field feedback to R&D/Product Management for design and feature improvement suggestions
- Support the prototyping and internal tests
- Reporting to different functions
- Good technical knowledge and network within the TPS/UPS industry
- Innovative technical understanding
- Able to discuss and communicate technical details both at a high level and in simple layman skills
- Excellent analytical skills, able to give convincing technical presentations & trainings, and maintain the relationship with customers
- Able to work independently, employ customer-oriented strategic thinking to develop strategies how to approach the customer.
As an innovative and global company, you are offered a friendly working atmosphere and a constructive working environment leaving much room for new possibilities and ideas. Use this opportunity and show us your motivation and vision for the future.