IT Network Engineer EMEA
- Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Delta Group established our EMEA operation in 1995 with region headquarters in Hoofddorp near Amsterdam to pursue Delta's corporate mission: "To provide innovative, clean and efficient energy solutions for a better tomorrow." For nearly 20 years, Delta EMEA continues to dedicate in R&D to support the most important businesses with advanced energy-saving technology and solutions. With the acquisition of Energy Systems business from Ascom, a Swiss company in 2003, and Eltek ASA, a Norwegian company in April 2015, Delta has inherited the excellent engineering resources and power design knowledge since 1906 and further development into telecom, industrial and medical markets. It is a significant step forward in Delta’s ability to offer complex high-power solutions, a broader product portfolio and strengthened Delta's position in the European market.
For our EMEA HQ in Hoofddorp we are looking for an enthusiastic experienced IT professional who has a passion to solve all kind of IT related problems of our users onsite in the office and our remote users spread across Europe. The support requests are administered via our Helpdesk system.
You are keen on networking (HP/Cisco) and know your way around such equipment. L2, L3, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, ACL, VPN and NAT are familiar terms for you.
You have experience with configurations and maintenances of WLAN.
Join LWAP to Cisco WLC and understand when is better to use 2.4 or 5 GHz.
You will be part of the regional EMEA IT team and together with our local IT team in Hoofddorp, where you will offer also local support to end-users on a wide variety of IT questions/issues.
When required you will provide training to those users that require that little bit of extra attention.
Of course, this starts with creating and maintaining documentation on different IT systems, programs and changes.
You will work with Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 2016, Skype for Business, VMware and Windows Server 2012/2016. Which are all inter-connected via our internal (MPLS/VPN-based) network.
We ask of you that you are willing to travel to our EMEA offices from time-to-time for on-site network-support. A requirement in this is that you can plan and prioritize your own work independently.
Furthermore, you will ensure ordering of IT components and administratively process the invoices. As well as maintaining the assets database for them.
- Degree (HBO) in computer science / business informatics or education as IT specialist.
- Available for 40 hours per week in the office.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
(Dutch and other languages welcome!).
- Extensive knowledge of HP and Cisco networking equipment.
- Experience in managing users in an Active Directory environment.
- (Basic) knowledge of VMware, Windows Server 2012/2016
- Knowledge of network topology and its fundamentals.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Team player.
- Service oriented.
- Troubleshooting / research skills.
- Analytic attitude.
- Experience in an international environment is an advantage.
- Professional experience in service management is an advantage.
- ITILv3 / MCSA Windows 10 certification is an advantage.
- CCNA or ICND2 certification is an advantage
- Organizational skills.
- Structured working style.
Permanent position, starting with 1 year contracts.