Field Application Engineer AV
- Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Smarter.Greener.Together. Together with our 80.000 colleagues worldwide, we believe in technology and collaboration and are dedicated to providing innovative and energy-efficient solutions.
Vivitek and Delta Display Solutions are continuing to grow the sales of large venue projectors and video wall solutions, and will strengthen our relationships with existing and new distributors and resellers in the EMEA region with our training, technical support and services offered.
As the high performance projectors and video wall solutions are often parts in a complex AV system, we will train, support and service our customers at a higher level to ensure Vivitek continue to be the preferred supplier of such products.
As a Technical Product/Field Application you will support our sales team, service team and customers with focus on the large venue high performance projectors and video wall solutions categories. You will be the technical expert in the team that investigates and follows up issues and drive them to closure. You will also help prepare our sales team and customers to sell the products by providing training and documentation to make our products well understood and easy to install, use and service. You will be the escalation point for technical support, and will keep close monitoring on field issues, frequently asked questions and support ticket statistics.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Sales Support
- Provide pre-sales product and solution support to ensure that the right product is sold and can meet or exceed the customer’s expectations
- Assist sales team in completing tender documents
- Provide product training to sales team and customers (new product introductions, technology and advanced features)
- Provide input to Training & documentation specialist to ensure training programs can be standardized and launched on time (new products)
- Collect and provide field feedback to R&D/product management for design and feature improvement suggestions
- Service, Support & Quality
- Test new products to ensure performance and features are consistent with specifications and documentation
- Verify and communicate new firmware releases for all products. Ensure firmware update works as designed, and that instructions are well documented.
- Support call center’s 1st and 2nd line by handling escalations related to firmware, large venue projectors and commercial video wall displays.
- Onsite customer support when required in EMEA countries
- Assist R&D by Investigating and reporting of field issues. Keep track of open issues and ensure they are driven to closure.
- Monitor and analyze repair data to ensure failure rate remains low. Catch trending issues in early phase.
- Assist in preparing and conducting service & support training for large venue category and video wall solutions
- Input and maintenance of knowledgebase articles in collaboration with Training & Documentation Specialist
- 2-5 years in a customer facing technical role (technical support/field service/ or installation)
- Technical Experience with large venue projectors and video wall solutions (DLP, LCD and/or LED) is a must
- (installation, operation or service level)
- Knowledge of display technology image quality and measurement methods
- Knowledge of DLP projector systems is preferred
- Familiar with AV systems, serial- and network protocols
- Native/fluent level of German and/or French preferred, with fluent English as 2nd language.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Minimum basic presentation skills (comfortable talking in groups)
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Organized and systematic
- Engineering minded (analyze, solution, documentation, communication)
- Independent and self-learning
- Dutiful, Honest and creative team player
- Passion for technics
- Motivated by customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Able to travel frequent and on short notice