Experienced Actuary to Actuarial, Risk & Advanced Analytics at Audit & Assurance (Stockholm)
- Field of interest: Risk Management
- Business unit: Audit & Assurance
- Level of hire: Experienced hire
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and related services. During its 175-year history, our organization has grown tremendously in both scale and capabilities. Deloitte currently has approximately 457,000 people in more than 150 countries and territories, and serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Yet, our shared culture and mission—to make an impact that matters—remains unchanged. This is evident not only in Deloitte’s work for clients, but also in our WorldClass ambition, our WorldClimate initiative and our ALL IN diversity and inclusion strategy.
We are looking for an experienced actuary to strengthen our actuarial team. The actuarial team provides advice within several different areas such as; valuation of non-life and life insurance companies, pensions, IFRS 17, Solvency II, risk management, data science, claims reserving and accounting.
Actuarial, Risk & Advanced Analytics is the Nordic region's largest actuarial practice, consisting of around 25 skilled people in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm. The department offers advice and consultancy services in connection with work tasks of an insurance technical and analytical nature. This includes areas such as life insurance, general insurance, pensions, insurance analysis and risk management.
We are currently planning to expand our services in Stockholm and are looking for a candidate that is willing to take on the leadership role for developing our Stockholm practice. You will have a leading role towards our customers in areas such as life insurance, general insurance and pensions – in addition to a central role in the further development of these services. You are expected to take responsibility for leading a team of specialists, both in the business side of the work as well as the technical aspects. You will also be responsible for initiating and closing projects, making sure that what the entire team delivers is of high quality. You can expect some travel, primarily in the Nordic countries. Your work will include a close co-operation with our Nordic colleagues, both from an actuarial technical perspective but also for developing our Swedish services.
Key tasks in the role include:
- Leading and developing our services in Stockholm
- Claims reserving
- Advisory work includes:
- IFRS 17
- Solvens II
- Risk management
- Recalculation of reserves
- Embedded Value
- Start up and refinancing of companies
- Implementation of new processes and business concepts
- General audit support
- Valuation of non-life or life insurance companies
We are primarily looking for you with experience in the actuarial profession, who have often worked with varied insurance-related issues. As a person, you are trustworthy, collaborative and appreciate working in teams across disciplines. You work in a structured and targeted manner, and are able to explain your work and complex matters in an understandable way.
We believe that you have:
- Preferably 10 years of experience in the actuarial profession
- High actuarial competence
- Experience from Swedish Life Insurance and/or non-life insurance
- Preferably project management experience
- Good written and oral presentation skills in Swedish and English
How you’ll grow
Deloitte recognizes that our success is due to our talented people. We invest heavily in our practitioners providing them with the right tools, training and working flexibility to enable them to deliver and be successful in a motivating and rewarding environment. Teamwork is an important aspect of our success and something we emphases by bringing our practitioners together on a regular basis to share experiences, knowledge and build strong internal relationships. In addition, we offer:
- Access to one of the world's largest consulting organizations, world-class training programs and a powerful network of experienced colleagues
- Flexible and well-balanced working conditions
- The freedom and opportunity to develop yourself and our business
- A pleasant work environment with team-oriented colleagues
- Competitive pay and good benefits
- Possibility to work on international client projects/engagements and global secondments
Submit your application online as soon as possible, as we conduct interviews continuously.
Your application should contain your:
- Cover letter including a motivation why you are interested in Deloitte and this role. You can upload the cover letter as a document.
- University grades
As a qualitative part of Deloitte's recruitment process, our final candidates undergo a background check, to increase awareness of our future employees, secure the working environment for our employees and meet regulatory requirements. The background check process is carried out in collaboration with ToFindOut. https://tofindout.se/en/background-check/
Please feel free to reach out to Rasmus Öhman, Recruiter, by email [email protected], if you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or the position.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. We do not just aspire to make solutions. We wish to create an impact that makes a positive and crucial difference for the people around us, our clients and our society. Deloitte is where you’ll find unlimited opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.