Deloitte Graduate Academy – 2023 Actuarial & Quantitative Programme
- Service Line: Audit & Assurance
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 415,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work.
Our Actuarial & Quantitative Solution practice work with leading banking, Insurance, and corporate clients and help them leverage the power of their data to help solve their most complex business challenges, bringing deep mathematics and statistics knowledge to bear. The unit provides a range of actuarial, risk management, treasury, and quantitative advisory services to clients in different industries.
- Highly numerate graduates, with a first degree or postgraduate degree in a numerical or analytical subject (for example Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics or Data Science).
- Have a keen interest in Quantitative modelling
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Have the ability to think outside the box and quickly learn new ideas independently
- Be a good team player, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Carry out research on complex issues thoroughly and completely to provide innovative ways to approach and resolve an issue. Demonstrates independent work and follow through on research steps through results and findings stage.
- Have graduated from a recognized University/Polytechnic with a minimum of 2.1 or upper credit in any discipline. (Actuarial science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or any related courses).
- Candidate must have completed their NYSC program
- Proficient in the use of MS-office tools i.e, Excel, Word, and Power-point
- Knowledge of VBA, R language, and Python is an added advantage.
- Prior relevant experience is an added advantage
Venue/Location: Virtual (Participants are expected to have functional laptops and good internet access)
What do you stand to gain at the Academy?
• Internship placement for candidates with exceptional performance.
• Opportunity to participate in Deloitte graduate recruitment after the program if all eligibility criteria are met
• Stipends that cover basic expenses during the program
• Opportunity to be placed in the Deloitte pool of professionals for finance projects.
• Acquire high demand technical skills and become readily employable.
Note: This is not an employment scheme, but a skill development programme that will equip and empower prospective young graduates with invaluable knowledge in finance and actuarial science to solve contemporary and future challenges.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.