Annual Graduate Recruitment 2023
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit and assurance, tax and legal, consulting, financial advisory, and risk advisory services to nearly 90% of the Fortune Global 500® and thousands of private companies. Our professionals deliver measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in capital markets, enable clients to transform and thrive, and lead the way toward a stronger economy, a more equitable society and a sustainable world. Building on its 175-plus year history, Deloitte spans more than 150 countries and territories. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 415,000 people worldwide make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities, and enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. All our professionals are united by our shared values, a set of core principles that guide our collective behavior. They set the expectations we have for one another and define how we, as stewards of Deloitte, should behave. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. And, importantly, they help us to earn the trust and respect of our key stakeholders. Our shared values are: Lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
Tax & Legal
The Deloitte East Africa’s Tax & Legal team is a multi-disciplinary practice of professionals specializing in various tax & business service offerings. We offer a broad range of fully integrated tax, tailored signature solutions and insights designed to meet business needs. In line with the Tax & Legal global common storefront, our services add value to clients via three broad “impact areas”, that is, function strategy, technology & process, outsourced & managed services and advisory.
Click here to read more about our Tax practice.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
Main purpose of the job
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Tax & Legal team as entry level Associates under our Graduate Training Program.
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key Performance Areas
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Developing productive working relationships with client staff;
- Managing information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies; and
- Maintaining own development and knowledge in specialised area.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in 2021, 2022 or 2023 or expecting to have completed undergraduate studies by June 2023. A letter of completion or complete testimonial should be attached to your application;
- Have or expecting to get at least an Upper Second-class degree;
- A minimum of 16 points at 'A' Level or equivalent;
- A first grade in 'O' Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- A recognized accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT), Certified Tax Advisor (CTA), Postgraduate diploma in Tax or the equivalent, is an added advantage;
- Availability from July 2023;
- One (1) year’s working experience is an added advantage; and
- Be a Ugandan citizen or authorized to work in Uganda.
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Be willing to work under minimal supervision and learn new skills;
- Strong desire to develop self and others;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Please ensure your resume, academic certificates and national ID are attached for your application to be considered. Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
For more updates and conversations, follow us on:
Twitter @DeloitteUganda and the hash tag #JoinDeloitteEA
Facebook Deloitte East Africa
Instagram Deloitte East Africa
Closing date: 15 April 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.