Internal Client Services - QIRR - Senior Risk Analyst
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The internal services function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people.
Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each internal service area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen, and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
Main Purpose of the Job:
A support resource to team in delivery of standardised aspects of services to internal clients.
Key Performance Areas:
- Supports leadership in the delivery of services to clients in line with the defined strategic objectives:
- Provides support to management in the implementation of change initiatives
- Works with team to complete work by set deadlines advising manager of any issues prior to deadlines
Budgets / Profitability
- Effective use of time, equipment and resources
Differentiators for this specific role
- Ensure that the Member Firm provides all employed by the Member Firm with annual or ongoing training opportunities to enable them to understand and apply all the applicable rules.
- Scheduling of Learning programs throughout the year to avoid duplication and to ease the burden on the business.
- Identification of partners/directors and staff in need of completing specific e-learning programs, at specific times.
- Clear instructions to the relevant partners/directors and staff on their individual e-learning requirements and the deadline for completion
- Escalation procedures in respect of partners/directors and staff not completing their e-learning requirements within the given deadline
- Working with Deputy Legal Counsel in the application of the firm’s disciplinary framework in respect of partners/directors and staff that have not completed their e-learning requirements within the final deadline (issue of disciplinary letters etc.)
- Maintenance of all systems, views and processes for current and new learning courses (i.e. phoenix and learning platforms).
- Proper communication should take place with course owners with respect to different learning in QIRR & OGC.
- Ensure communication takes place with Africa and DTTL and other for matters affecting QIRR & OGC learning courses.
- Co-ordination of any matters affecting the learning function in QIRR & OGC .
- Ensure monitoring takes place for timely completion of e-learning processes
- Ensure disciplinary processes are followed per firm policies and processes (ensure transgression lists are provided to BRLs and HRBPs for issuing).
- Ensure ad-hoc learning courses/videos are being rolled out and monitored
- Ensure all matters affecting the learning function in Phoenix is up to date at all times (e.g. views, templates)
- Monitoring of the QIRR & OGC e-learning mailbox for partners/directors and staff requiring assistance in completion of their e-learning, or other questions that may arise
- Ensure that all processes are consistent throughout Africa.
- Ensure weekly joining mails are pushed and followed up per the joining and learning policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all required e-learnings and confirmations are completed at all levels of staff, including newly promoted partners, partners who have changed offices and new executive members.
- Reach out to BRL/FRL on queries, escalation
- Generation of e-learning reports (completion statistics per business unit and staff levels etc.) and regular reporting to management, the regions or service lines
- Continuous updating of the QIRR & OGC Learning operational manual, user guides, instruction emails, escalation policy etc.
- Ensuring that the Learning Calendar is up to date
- Ensure liaising with our e-learning platform providers with regards to updates, uploads, platform and issues.
- Any ad-hoc matters relating to the function.
National Diploma in relevant function
A commercial/business, compliance or risk qualification
3 years’ working experience within the relevant function
Basic understanding of risk and independence aspects affecting the audit environment.
General Knowledge of Company Structures
Some knowledge of the regulatory bodies (IFAC/SEC/PCAOB etc.)
Computer literacy- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word.
3 years at a Risk Analyst level within the function.
Talent Standards - Support Staff Capabilities:
Living our Purpose: Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
Influence: Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
Performance drive: Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
Strategic direction: Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
Talent development: Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
Knows the business and industry:
Knows how member firm business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
Manages to results:
Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals
Manages and executes projects:
Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
Manages quality and risk:
Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
Manages change and ambiguity:
Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity
• Technical expert in specific functional area
• Demonstrated capability in interaction at all levels, briefing, analysis and project management skills
• Experience in drafting and delivering presentations
• Good report writing skills
• Sound financial knowledge and understanding
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
• Strong client delivery focus
The list of tasks / duties and responsibilities contained in this document is not necessarily exhaustive. Deloitte may ask the employee to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which may fall reasonably within the ambit of the role profile, depending on operational requirements.