Africa Talent by Deloitte - Senior Consultant Regulatory Risk
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
About Africa Talent
Africa Talent by Deloitte (Africa Talent) is a separate legal entity based in South Africa and was formed between Deloitte Africa and Deloitte Netherlands in order to meet the growing demand for Talent in Africa and Europe; and to establish a competency centre that can compete with other delivery centres in India and beyond. While incorporated in South Africa, the goal is to recruit and develop Talent throughout Sub Saharan Africa in order to service the diverse needs to enable projects at our clients. Talent employed, will have the full experience of Deloitte, while getting both local and international exposure to a diverse set of clients, working remotely from Africa. It will take advantage of the demographic reality of Africa as a future source of talent for both Africa and Europe and at its core is the goal to create employment in Africa and invest in African talent.
The ethos of our organisation is characterised by vision, purpose beyond profit and an appetite to innovate and deliver creative, high impact solutions to urgent client challenges.
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte – Africa Talent - is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
This new team is a true encapsulation of hybrid work whereby you gain access and exposure to learn from and engage with colleagues in South Africa and the Netherlands, while working virtually from your local Deloitte office, or from home.
We are in the front-line reshaping regulatory trends and we use cutting-edge technology to create greater regulatory efficiencies and to help our client in becoming a more responsible business in the financial sector.
Within Regulatory Risk we work in an open and informal working atmosphere where we support clients in anticipating and adapting to changes in the regulatory environment. We advise some of the most successful financial institutions around the globe. This exposure provides you with the opportunities to sharpen your skills, discover new strengths, connect and build relationships with some of the best people in the field.
We cover the entire lifecycle of regulatory risk from strategy to compliance optimisation and helping our clients to be a responsible business.
1. Strategy: Help clients understand and anticipate to new laws and regulations. We do this by developing strategies, business structures and processes.
2. Compliance: Support organisations in designing, evaluating and transforming processes, controls and infrastructure to be compliant with existing law and regulations and foster integrity. We believe that through compliance clients can maintain their business value - and even create a competitive advantage.
3. Response: Help clients react to specific gaps in their regulatory compliance programs and make their compliance programs more efficient and smarter by using data and technology.
How you will make an Impact
Within Risk Advisory, we see risks as an opportunity to improve corporate performance. Innovation plays a crucial role in our offerings. You will experience different clients and work on a variety of topics such as Regulatory change programs, integrity risk assessments, compliance transformations, in-depth programs related to duty of care, solvency, PSD2, integrity and other relevant topics.
In jour role you will continue the steep learning curve from the beginning of your career. You will work on a variety of projects for financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies, payment institutions and fintechs. These projects include:
- Anticipating and interpreting developments within supervision and legislation and regulations. We do this by developing strategies, structures and processes for our clients so that they can remain successful in their market
- Supporting implementation processes in which the optimum is sought between the essence of legislation and regulations and the business strategy of our customers
- Assessing and improving compliance organizations and programs with the aim of optimizing risk management
- Responding to specific shortcomings in regulatory programs and using data and technology to make compliance programs smarter and more efficient
- At Regulatory Risk, we believe broad development of our employees and our team is important. In addition to working on projects, there is the opportunity to tackle various other activities that contribute to this broad development. Think, for example, of developing internal training programs and recruitment activities
What you offer
- A University degree in one of the following areas: Economics, Finance, Business / Public Administration, Organisational Sciences, Criminology, or any study that has a common ground with Regulatory Risk
Experience & Skills
- At least four years relevant work experience
- Social, enthusiastic and hands-on
- You stay up-to-date with the developments in your field in order to advise clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Self-reliant and proactive
- Can both work independently and reach out when in need of guidance
- You inspire other people to perform well in a team
If you like the challenge of this function description and meet the following profile criteria, we would like to meet you!
* Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.