Risk Advisory - Governance, Risk & Compliance - Senior Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
At Deloitte, our focus on you and your business means that your success is always our top priority. With one of the largest dedicated internal audit and controls assurance practices, Deloitte has the knowledge and capability to support your business needs.
We identify, develop, and test the policies and procedures within business processes and information technology environments. We can help you with internal financial control remediation & transformation, end-to-end internal financial control review, management testing of internal financial controls and third-party controls assurance.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
Main purpose of the job:
Supports Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project. Focus on the delivery of client engagements and shares knowledge and experience with others. Understands objectives for clients and aligns own work to objectives.
Supporting the Engagement Manager with advising senior client executives and Governance, Risk & Compliance functions, including governance and ethics, transformation and business transformation programs.
· Technical expert in specific area and/or industry
· Demonstrated project management skill
· Consulting skills
· Experience in drafting and presenting to clients
· Good report writing skills
· Sound financial knowledge and understanding
· Business acumen
· Knowledge of Risk Assessment, Internal Control, preferred
· Good communication skills, good report writing and presentation skills
· Good command of English both writing and speaking
· Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
· Demonstrates strong ability to synthesize professional principles and standards with IIA Methodology to perform on basic and complex client deliverables
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
· Strong client delivery focus
· Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
· Focus on quality and risk
· Problem solving ability
· Delivers high quality repetitive work product consistently with little need for escalation and minimal supervision
Appropriate Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in the following fields:
· Commerce/ Accounting/ Cost/ Auditing/ Marketing/ Economics
Foundational Professional certification from a recognised professional body relevant for practice in the fields outlined above.
Demonstrable deep expertise and experience in one of the professional fields applicable to Internal Controls and Assurance
Post graduate qualification in a field related to fields per Minimum qualifications above.
Professional certification from a recognised professional body relevant for practice in the fields outlined above.
Preference in certifications:
· Law, (e.g. Chartered “company” Secretary)
5 years working experience in the relevant field of governance, risk, compliance and ethics
Demonstrable application knowledge and experience in at least one of the Internal Controls (Incl. financial reporting) and Assurance areas
Any/ Combination of the below desired experience:
5+ Years work experience in another relevant field
4+ years working experience in the fields related to the Internal Controls & Assurance business area which include but not limited to:
· Extended Enterprise Risk Management
· Risk & Governance
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.