Risk, Independence & Legal Officer
- Service Line: Internal Client Services
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Risk, Independence and Legal Department by playing a key supporting role and adding value in the Risk and Independence clients’ processes.
Other duties to be performed by the ideal candidate include the following:
• Perform engagement acceptance procedures in Phoenix
• Update independence declarations forms for joiners and leavers. Monitor/review joiners and leavers and follow up on outstanding with PPD/BUL/T&T.
• Track and monitor business relationships logged and ensure quality of deliverables
• Initiate monthly and quarterly directorships searches of contractors and firm staff and follow up on exceptions.
• Track and monitor completion of RIL e-learnings such as independence, ethics, information security, integrity imperative, etc.
• Support in the development of quality independence presentations as and when necessary
• Support other RIL activities as it relates to planning, monitoring, roll out, execution and reporting of engagement acceptance testing process.
• Support in monitoring engagement acceptance processes in Phoenix adequately and assist users with the functionality of system.
• Support the Legal team as may be required.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree Bachelor’s degree (LL.B., B.L., etc.) in Law with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- 2-6 years of relevant experience
- Applicants must have a keen interest in developing their skills in the Risk and Independence areas of the business.
- A fair understanding of Risk Management and Regulatory requirements for different industries will also be valuable
• Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
• Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
• Have ability to maintain a professional outlook and carriage at all times
• Be willing to learn new skills in the broad activities that Risk and Independence now cover
• Must be analytical and possess effective decision making skills
• Must also have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and pay attention to detail
• Have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks and proactively seek guidance, clarifications and feedback
• Be prepared to work extra hours from time to time to ensure that all business units have their service requests dealt with promptly
• Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e. Excel, Word and Power-point
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
“Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position."