Deloitte Consulting: Africa Delivery Centre - Applications Developer Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About Deloitte’s Africa Delivery Centre
The Delivery Centre is a hub for the development of specialized skills and competencies to serve the growing needs of Deloitte for skilled resources. The centre aims to attract talent and train them in some of the latest available technologies.
We help our clients with technical and digital solutions to streamline business processes. We ensure that our projects are executed to the highest quality, consistently through delivery excellence.
Our Delivery Centre forms part of Deloitte’s Global Delivery Network, where the metaverse of impact makers and innovators are assembled.
The focus is on providing opportunities for team members to deepen their skills set to become the top talent in the superhero universe. It provides a learning environment for raw talent while also encouraging innovation and creative solutioning.
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s growing Africa Delivery Centre practice? We’re looking for exceptional candidates to help address our clients’ most complex Cloud challenges. You will work alongside top engineers and technical thought leaders to solve difficult problems in innovative ways, supporting our country’s most vital missions.
Work you’ll do:
Work with clients to understand and solve their most pressing business and technical challenges. Develop trusted advisor relationships with clients’ technology leaders and help guide clients’ Cloud vision. Create new opportunities to showcase Cloud technologies and capabilities for our clients. Help lead our practice, develop our future leaders, and expand the Deloitte Africa Delivery Centre brand throughout the marketplace.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Deep domain expertise in cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
· 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects required.
· Must have held a similar role, or have prior work experience in a Consulting/Engineer position
· Experience in FSI – Insurance platform, Financial Services App, eCommerce, Data Integration, Budget End to End Sales, Security Dashboard – Web application, Fintech Web application, Insurance App and Batch Processing.
· Strong knowledge of standards and automation/management tools to sustain cloud solutions e.g. DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions
· Familiarity with Spring Boot, Hibernate, or equivalent frameworks
· Familiarity with AWS SDKs, such as Java SDK v2, Boto3 SDK for Python, or equivalent
· Experience with relational and NoSQL database systems such as MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB, or equivalent
· Background in infrastructure and development although not essential would be advantageous