Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
Client receivables management, Accounts Payable, related company transaction, posting of vouchers, monthly bank reconciliation, treasury management and other general finance role as assigned.
1. Account Receivables
• Prompt record/lodgment of cheques to banks and daily tracking and recording of client inflow tracking.
• Daily application of client inflow to customer invoices on SAP.
• Prompt resolution of client receivable query
• Weekly reporting of unallocated inflows to the receivables Accountant.
• Clear all customer Open items for clean-up of GL dump.
• Ensure posting of Clients WHT credit note/payment-receipt from the clients Ledger.
• Ensure collection of WHT-Credit notes from FCT-IRS using WHT Schedule and the payment-receipt from the clients
2. Accounts Payable
• Process Invoices submitted to finance by raising PR, PO, GRN and Invoices on SAP.
• Collate vendor and member-firm invoices (PV) after SAP processing is completed and ready to be scheduled for payment.
• Manage Staff claims and Advances to ensure timely payment and retirement respectively
• Provide Vendor payment breakdown, bank remittance advice & prompt Vendor Payment query resolution.
• Ensure proper filing of submitted documents for payments
3. Treasury Management
• Upload of all bank statement files into SAP
• Send out Weekly Fee notes and inflow report
• Petty cash management
• Preparation of petty cash payment schedule for reimbursement of cash (where necessary).
• Clear all posted items in payment & receipt holding accounts to reduce/clean up GL dump.
4. Related Company Accounts Management
• Process all related company transactions and monthly reconciliation.
• Process all Bank sweep transaction and related journals.
5. Analysis, Other postings, Bank and other Reconciliation –
• Daily/weekly upload of all bank statements for the month.
• Bank reconciliations – Prepare reconciliation for assigned banks and submit for approval.
• Ensure all prior month reconciling item are cleared in current month.
• Obtain approval for clearing and post reconciling journals in the same month.
• Postings of all payment journals, bank charges Post payment vouchers for assigned Bank
• Provide input for monthly Balance sheet reconciliations for review latest D10 of subsequent month
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B.Tech., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of Second Class Lower/Lower Credit division
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Relevant Professional Qualification- ICAN or ACCA (Qualified/Partly Qualified)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites – Excel, word, Powerpoint
- Excellent networking and multitasking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player
- Attention to details
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good knowledge of client receivables management
The Impact You Will Make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.