Risk Advisory - Data Analytics – Data Migration Project Team Lead – Delivery Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking back to evaluate what happened, to looking forward to conducting scenario planning and predictive modelling.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related challenges and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Main Purpose of Job
As a Data Migration Project Team Lead in the Deloitte Analytics practice, you will need to understand a client’s business, and leverage this context to effectively plan, manage and run data migrations in complex system environments while managing risk in the process. You will support Senior leadership to help our clients manage their data migration processes ensuring complete, high quality data assets are successfully migrated to support their business objectives and improve their business strategy.
Role & Responsibilities
Your typical duties will include building and managing high performing teams to deliver in client data migration engagements. You will translate broader strategies into a compelling team vision and set of goals, apply your knowledge of data migration approaches, methodologies, technology, functional knowledge of our client’s business processes to drive continuous improvement in how we deliver.
Typical processes that you will be required to plan, manage, and in some cases implement include data profiling on source systems, understanding how target data schema’s support business processes and functionality, facilitating and participating in source to target mapping processes including the development and documentation of transformation and data quality rules, designing end-to-end migration solution frameworks and building ETL jobs with required control components to ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of data throughout the migration event. You will also be involved in defining cutover strategies and migration release plans to enable sufficient opportunity to test the migration solution.
On a daily basis you will be expected to manage staff and team progress on backlog items, perform technical activities like design and build of data migration components in the ETL / ELT processes, manage the relationship with the client and report and manage the progress, status and risks of the data migration.
Stakeholder management is a key requirement and as such, you will be required to engage with and manage various stakeholders, both internal to Deloitte and client specific, during project execution including executing required project administration tasks like actual vs budget monitoring and billing and collection activities.
Preference will be provided to candidates with bachelor’s degree in either:
- information technology or business informatics
- computer science, engineering or related qualifications
· 3 to 5 years of data migration project experience with hands on experience in:
o Defining migration strategy and approach
o Source data discovery and profiling
o Source to target mapping
o Facilitating the definition of data transformation / quality rules and capturing these in suitable platforms / documents
o Experience in working with business analysts and functional experts to understand key business functionality and scenarios and the data dependencies to enable these to provision required information at appropriate quality levels.
o Managing a team of migration resources
o Planning and execution of testing and mock cutovers including defining test cases.
o Management and remediation of data related defects in testing processes.
o Developing cutover plans
o Hands on management of production data migration cutover processes and remediation of incidents during and post events.
· 5+ years of data management, data modelling, data architecture, data governance and/or data analytics experience
· Management Experience
· Practical experience with data and data migration tools such as SAS, SQL, Informatica, Talend, SAP data management tools, PowerBI, Qlik, SAP Hana Modelling or similar.
· Working understanding of business functions and associated data domains
· Ability to assist clients in evaluating technologies that support the migration of data in their specific landscape
· Practical experience with programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, ABAP, Java, C# or .Net.
· Demonstrated ability with assisting businesses in deriving value from existing data
· Previous consulting experience will be advantageous
· Experience with SAP Finance, Supply Chain Management and Material Management related modules will be beneficial.
- Practical knowledge of data quality principles, data profiling and data quality tools. Ability to assess, design data quality approaches and processes under supervision.
- Practical knowledge of source to target mapping tools and capabilities.
- Practical knowledge of data governance. Ability to assess, provide design input to data governance structures, and execute data governance capabilities i.e., policies and processes under supervision.
- Practical knowledge of master data and reference data management
- Practical knowledge of meta-data concepts, standards, processes and tools. Ability to design meta-data artefacts.
- Practical knowledge of integration methods, processes and tools. Ability to assess and design and execute data integration processes.
- Practical knowledge designing a technical solution framework (specifically for data migrations) that define at what granularity solution components are built to optimise team productivity and ease of solution maintenance.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Desire to develop self
· Client delivery focus
· Adaptable and flexible
· Focus on quality
· Problem solving ability
· High learning ability and appetit
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.