Risk Advisory - Data Analytics – Data Migration Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking back to evaluate what happened to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related challenges and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Main Purpose of Job
As a Data Migration Consultant in the Deloitte Analytics practice, you will need to understand a client’s business, and leverage this context to effectively execute components of data migrations in complex system environments while managing risk in the process. You will support the Data Migration Team Lead to help our clients execute their data migration processes ensuring complete, high quality data assets are successfully migrated to support their business objectives and improve their business strategy.
Role & Responsibilities
Your typical duties will include building data migration solutions, processes and supporting governance activities within client data migration engagements. You will understand the team’s vision and set of goals, apply your knowledge of data migration approaches, methodologies, technology, functional knowledge of our client’s business processes to drive continuous improvement in how we deliver.
Typical processes that you will be required to execute include data profiling on source systems, understanding how target data schema’s support business processes and functionality, facilitating and participating in source to target mapping processes including the development and documentation of transformation and data quality rules, support the design of end-to-end migration solution frameworks and building ETL jobs with required control components to ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of data throughout the migration event. You will also support the process of defining cutover strategies and migration release plans to enable sufficient opportunity to test the migration solution.
On a daily basis you will be expected to execute on your specific backlog items, which may include technical activities like profiling data, reporting on data completeness, design and build of data migration components in the ETL / ELT processes, and manage the relationship with the client stakeholders specific to the respective backlog items.
Preference will be provided to candidates with bachelor’s degree in either:
- information technology or business informatics
- computer science, engineering or related qualifications
- 1 to 3 years of data migration project experience with hands on experience in:
- Source data discovery and profiling
- Source to target mapping
- Involvement in the definition of data transformation / quality rules and capturing these in suitable platforms / documents
- Experience in working with business analysts and functional experts to understand key business functionality and scenarios and the data dependencies to enable these to provision required information at appropriate quality levels.
- Execution of testing and mock cutovers including defining test cases.
- Remediation of data related defects in testing processes.
- Hands on experience of production data migration cutover processes and remediation of incidents during and post events.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience of data management, data modelling, data architecture, data governance and/or data analytics experience.
- Practical experience with data and data migration tools such as SAS, SQL, Informatica, Talend, SAP data management tools, PowerBI, Qlik, SAP Hana Modelling or similar.
- Working understanding of business functions and associated data domains
- Practical experience with programming languages such as SQL, SAS and knowledge of ABAP would be beneficial.
- Previous consulting experience will be advantageous
- Any experience on SAP functional modules will be beneficial (including Finance, Supply Chain Management and Material Management).
· Practical knowledge of data quality principles, data profiling and data quality tools. Ability to assess, design data quality approaches and processes under supervision.
· Practical knowledge of source to target mapping tools and capabilities.
· Practical knowledge of data governance, master data and reference data management.
· Practical knowledge of meta-data concepts, standards, processes and tools. Ability to design meta-data artefacts.
· Practical knowledge of data migration technical solution frameworks and high-level understanding of how these frameworks enable optimised delivery and ease of solution maintenance.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Desire to develop self
· Client delivery focus
· Adaptable and flexible
· Focus on quality
· Problem solving ability
· High learning ability and appetite
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.