Risk Advisory – Data Analytics – Operational Risk Analytics – Consultant
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
The main purpose of the job is to support the Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project.
The job role entails the following:
· Analysis and conversion of business requirements into technical specifications
· Data exploration and analysis
· ETL and data preparation capabilities
· Solve intricate data integration problems
· Development, testing and implementation of analytics solutions
· Reporting and data visualisation capabilities
· Interact with clients and business stakeholders
· Translate technical concepts into business understanding and value
· Proficiency in at least two or more of the following tools: SQL Server, SAS, Python and PowerBI
· Functional experience in cloud analytics is advantageous.
• Technical expert in specific area and/or industry
• Consulting skills
• Good report writing skills
• Sound financial knowledge and understanding
• Business acumen
• Business process, risk and control knowledge
Knowledge and experience across multiple areas including:
• Programming Coding in variety of languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python etc.)
• Business Analysis (including business process mapping)
• Data Preparation (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
• Descriptive analytics
• Cloud Data Engineering & Analytics (Azure, AWS, GCP) would be advantageous
• Relevant technical fundamentals at that point in time to what the market is procuring
• Continuous learning mindset
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Consistently delivers high quality work
• Ability to meet deadlines (reliable and dependable)
• Able to Multi-task
• Proven application of providing guidance to junior members of the project team
• Demonstrates readiness to take decisions
• Displays initiative and takes accountability for delivery of own work
• Supervises and monitors adherence to deadlines for self
• Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities as per their urgency and importance
BSc Computer Science, BSc Honours Computer Science, BSC Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred). Or if direct entry proven experience in data & analytics and other relevant any qualifications (e.g. certifications in analytics technology platforms and techniques)
Certifications or Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Data Analytics, and technology specific certifications
1+ years’ relevant working experience
1+ years’ relevant work experience
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.