- 1 Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Victoria Island 106104, Lagos, Nigeria
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
The ideal candidate will support the Business in the delivery of communications-related activities such as content and creative development, corporate social responsibility and sustainability projects, communication plans and events. You will be joining our young and dynamic team to help create, implement and manage our messaging through which our clients, employees, stakeholders and the general public experience our brand
The incumbent will be required to execute the following:
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials such as press releases, thought leadership, executive communications, proposals, letters, newsletters, speeches, crisis management and website copy
- Work with the team to create and plan communication strategies and campaigns to enhance brand image and voice
- Create and maintain a robust relationship with the media to promote the company’s image
- Directly responsible for the collation of content for the in house monthly magazine
- Cover internal & external events for Deloitte - to include photos and news reports
- Development of content for Daily News Highlights
- Development of content for Deloitte Africa’s publication
- Work with the Social Media Lead and other Team Members to develop social media content for Deloitte
- Content development and implementation of communication projects on the firm's channels of communications - intranet, in house publications, print media and execution and the management of content on other relevant communication portals
- Perform quality assurance across all internal and external communications such as thought leadership articles, quarterly newsletter, blog posts etc.
- Coordinate Media Relations activities both online and offline
- Project management: Communication plans, events and special projects for which the communication team is responsible, developing and providing briefs and ensuring timelines are met
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a Second Class Lower/Lower Credit division
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- 2-5 years prior experience in Print or Television media editorial team, Public Relations Agency or Corporate Communications department of an organisation
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices across both traditional and digital platforms including social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Crisis management experience will be an added advantage
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
Application deadline: Friday, 3 September 2021.