Deloitte Consulting - Energy, Resources & Industrials - Manager
- 5 Magwa Cres, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066, South Africa
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Click here to read more about Deloitte.
About the division
Technology does not stand still. It takes innovative approaches to transform, modernise, and run existing technology platforms. The key is knowing when to take advantage of the new technologies to drive product and service enhancements, improve financial performance, and accelerate speed to market.
Deloitte’s Operations Transformation practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise we transform our clients’ core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
What you will do?
To support Engagement Manager in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement / project in a programme management capacity. Hypothesis development. This would include Customer and market segmentation, Application of methods, Trends and forecasting capability, Problem solving, Analytical capability, Financial modelling, Storyboarding and Report writing.
Contacting key stakeholders at potential clients to establish rapport, arrange meetings and develop relationships. Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives. Researching organisations and individuals to identify new opportunities.
Qualifications & experience required
- A minimum of 6 years consulting and/or industry experience,
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- Proven experience in leading small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- Ability to lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Prior experience providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Ability to demonstrate experience in overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience in developing and presenting proposals for business development activities.
- Ability to travel 80% required.
- BSC Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Mining, Chemical, etc.) (Business Sciences)
- Business Administration (MBA or equivalent)
- Prior management consulting experience
- Energy, Resources & Industrial Products industry experience
Strategy Specialized / Technical Capabilities
- Defines the Market - Ability to analyse the external environment and appreciate its importance in the formulation of an organization’s strategy
Shapes the Strategy - Ability to help shape a client’s strategy by providing insights to help them create an advantaged position in the market
Support the execution – Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team in the execution of large transformation programmes
Develops Sector and Offering Knowledge - Ability to build sector and market offering knowledge and apply it to influence a client’s strategic direction
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Sound mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Sound problem solving ability
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
Cross Consulting / Core Professional Capabilities
- Delivery Excellence - Ability to produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Knows the Business and Sector - Ability to understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client’s business
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Ability to select appropriate methods for collecting and analysing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Financial Acumen - Ability to incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Client Presence - Ability to deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instil confidence in clients
- Logical Structuring - Ability to organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Global Mind-set - Ability to apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving
- Technology Fluency - Ability to apply technical knowledge to address client business challenges
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.