Risk Advisory - Internal Controls & Assurance - Senior Consultant
- 2 Pencarrow Crescent, La Lucia Ridge, Durban, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
About the Division
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Our five business areas work in unison to provide integrated solutions unique to the organisational requirements of any business.
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to support the engagement Manager/Senior Manager in delivery of services to clients on delegated engagements.
Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development.
Develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Appropriate B. Degree or equivalent in the following fields:
- Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Mathematics/ Statistics
Other fields relevant to Digital Internal Audit, Business Analysis, Extended Enterprise/contract management, Strategy & Brand
Foundational Professional certification from a recognised professional body relevant for practice in the fields outlined above.
Demonstrably deep expertise and experience in one of the professional fields applicable to Internal Controls and Assurance
- Postgraduate/ Master’s Degree qualification in a field related to fields per Minimum qualifications above.
- Professional certification from a recognised professional body relevant for practice in the fields outlined above.
- Preference in certifications,
- Commerce/Accounting/Cost/Auditing – CA(SA), CIA
- 5+ Years work experience in another relevant field
- 3 years’ worth of Information Technology Audit experience and Data Analysis projects experience
- 4+ years working experience in the fields related to the Internal Controls & Assurance business area which include but not limited to:
- Digital Internal Audit
- Controls Optimisation
- Technical expert in specific area and/or industry
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Consulting skills
- Experience in drafting and presenting to clients
- Good report writing skills
- Sound financial knowledge and understanding
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment, Internal Control, preferred
- Good communication skills, good report writing and presentation skills
- Good command of English both writing and speaking
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates strong ability to synthesize professional principles and standards with IIA Methodology to perform on basic and complex client deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Problem solving ability
- Delivers high quality repetitive work product consistently with little need for escalation and minimal supervision
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.